May 31st, 2009 by Peggy Farabaugh
We were floored by your thoughtful, helpful responses to our Vermont Woods Studios website usability survey (Click here …it's not too late if you haven't participated yet). THANK YOU so much for the feedback, suggestions, comments, ENCOURAGEMENT and general support for our green mission and handmade furniture.
I thought you might be interested in some of the improvements we're working on in response to your suggestions:
* Enhanced website design
* Better search capabilities
* Larger, higher quality photos
* More photos of design details
* Greater product detail, including dimensions
* Better definition of sale timelines
* Enhanced navigation with Quick Links at the bottom of each page
* Darker text for hyper links
* Larger fonts for product options
* Larger selection of products
We're also looking carefully at our FREE shipping policy. Many of you loved it and others felt like they would rather see lower prices. This deserves a separate blog entry or two, so will save it for later.
It's not an overnight process, but we hope to have a significantly upgraded website available by the end of the summer. After that, we'll still have many improvements on our wish list for the next upgrade, but even so, we think you'll see a great improvement by this Fall.
If you haven't filled ou the survey yet, it's not too late! Click here, share your thoughts and get a $50 gift certificate for use on your favorite piece of Vermont Woods Studios handmade furniture. Thanks again for all your help! Keep your suggestions coming.