If you are feeling unsure about ordering furniture sight unseen, you aren’t the only one. Many of our customers take major leaps of faith when shopping for furniture online, and we’re always happy to see these nervous customers satisfied in the end. We get countless emails from our customers expressing gratitude for a quality product and great service, and we are proud to be a company people can really trust. We know that purchasing quality furniture is an investment, and we want our customers to feel confident that their investment is a wise one. If you are shopping around between different furniture companies, all offering furniture sight unseen, there are several things you should look for to make sure you can really trust the product and the company behind it.
5 Ways to Know if you can Trust an Online Furniture Company:
1. Ability to visit and see the quality of the furniture in person. Even if you can’t to go to the showroom and see the furniture yourself for distance reasons, having a showroom is a sign of confidence that the quality of furniture is most likely consistent with what the company promises online.
2. Transparency about the people behind the company. Can you meet the people who work there–from the owners to the customer service members? Can you atleast read and learn about them on the company website? Learning about the people who work at the company is a great way to get to know the company you are working with. If a company doesn’t tell you about who they are, how can you be sure they are people you can trust? You want to know that real people are there to handle your order and guide you through the process.
3. Quality testimonials. Check the website for a testimonials page, this should give you an accurate picture of the quality of their service and their product. Sites like sitejabber are a good resource as well.
4. Accessibility. Does the company offer you many different ways to reach and interact with their customer service team? Is it easy to contact them if a problem were to arise? Are they quick to respond? A trustworthy company won’t make it hard for you to reach them by phone, live chat, email, or in person.
5. Lifetime guarantee. A company that is worthy of your trust is one that will stand by their product 100%. A lifetime guarantee should give you the confidence that what you are buying is top quality and crafted with care.
What else do you look for when shopping online for furniture sight unseen? Let us know in the comments!
This blog is written by your friends at Vermont Woods Studios. Check out our Vermont made furniture and home decor online and visit our showroom and art gallery at Stonehurst, the newly restored 1800s farmhouse nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains.