April 7th, 2014 by Kelsey Eaton
Everyone loves the idea of having a solid wood custom Shaker dining table handcrafted just for them. What’s not to love? Pick your favorite wood, order the table to fit perfectly into your dining room…a handcrafted dining table, made especially for you by skilled craftsmen in Vermont who use sustainably harvested hardwoods. Add in free shipping and a lifetime guarantee and who could argue?
But if you have a small dining room or kitchen area, you might have some reservations. We can assure you that if you’ve been worried about finding a great round Shaker table to fit your small space, we have some wonderful options for you! These 3 Shaker dining tables are a handpicked selection sure to fit your unique dining room size. While most of our Shaker dining room tables are very customizable, the following picks are some of our favorites.
Our eco-friendly Vermont-Made Shaker Custom Round Table is handcrafted in Vermont by skilled artisans. Customize this table to make it perfect for your home, it is available in a number of options! Currently on sale for: $1,562.40
This sturdy New England Shaker Round Extension Pedestal Table is a great extension table for the kitchen, dining room, or as a game table in your family room. Hand-crafted using real, solid woods in America. Currently on sale for $1,833.30.
Our Classic Round Shaker Dining Table features simple, modern tapered legs. Each table is handmade in Vermont by skilled craftsman using natural solid hardwoods and traditional joinery. Currently on sale for $939.60.
All of our tables and chairs are made by craftsmen in Vermont from sustainably harvested hardwood. A great thing about our furniture is it is made just for you! As you browse our online gallery, you will notice that most of our furniture is shown in solid cherry wood, but be sure to look at the hardwood options! You can customize most of your furniture in your choice of natural Cherry, Maple, Oak, or Walnut woods. This allows you to create your own solid wood dining set that is perfect for you and your home.
This blog is written by your friends at Vermont Woods Studios. Check out our Vermont made furniture and home decor online and visit our showroom and art gallery at Stonehurst, the newly restored 1800s farmhouse nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains.
March 28th, 2014 by Kelsey Eaton
The northeast is the birthplace of Shaker style furniture in the United States. For over two centuries the Shaker style has been admired for it’s simplistic aesthetics and sturdy design. It has become an inspiration to many contemporary furniture designs, and has become our most popular style.
Vermont Woods Studios offers six Shaker furniture collections to include over 200 pieces of Shaker influenced furniture, ranging from traditional designs to Shaker style furniture with a modern flair. Our traditional Shaker style furniture can be found in the New England Shaker Furniture,Classic Shaker Furniture, and Renfrew Shaker Furniture collections, while our more modern designs are included in the Modern Shaker Furniture, Vermont Shaker Furniture, and American Shaker Furniturecollections. However, all of the furniture features simple, clean lines similar to the original pieces in the late 1700′s.
Our early spring Shaker Sale starts now, so its your chance to buy affordable shaker furniture online! Save 10% on one piece, 15% on two pieces, and 20% on three or more pieces (plus free shipping)! Your fine wood furniture will also be backed by a lifetime guarantee! Start shopping today conveniently from our online gallery. This sale ends April 10th at midnight!
| This blog is written by your friends at Vermont Woods Studios. Check out our Vermont made furniture and home decor online and visit our showroom and art gallery at Stonehurst, the newly restored 1800s farmhouse nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains. |
November 22nd, 2013 by Peggy Farabaugh
Shaker beds have been a specialty of Vermont furniture makers for over 200 years and they remain popular today. I was helping a customer work through the process of finding the perfect Shaker bed yesterday and realized it’s not so easy. We have almost 20 different shaker beds in our online furniture store. All are top quality, 100% American made (handcrafted right here in Vermont) using responsibly harvested, real solid wood.
After looking at our Top 10 Shaker beds and all the different variations in design, we came up with a few subcategories that might make shopping easier for those looking for a particular style:
You’ve probably noticed that these beds are all shown in solid cherry wood, which has a rich reddish brown color (once it has “ripened” after exposure to light). Cherry is by far the most popular wood for our customers when ordering Shaker furniture. However all of our Shaker beds are also available in three other woods: maple, walnut and oak. Some customers even like to mix two woods together like the Sarah Shaker beds below (shown in maple and walnut).
Hopefully this makes shopping for your new Shaker bedroom furniture a little easier. Questions? Come visit us at Stonehurst our new fine furniture and art gallery or contact us through our live chat, email, Facebook or phone.
November 1st, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
1. New England Shaker 8/10 Drawer Dresser: This traditional 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to your bedroom. It’s sleek lines and simplistic design make it a perfect piece for the tastes of both husband and wife–not overly masculine or feminine! The two top drawers have internal dividers and a saw kerf on the drawer fronts that give the appearance of separate drawers.
2. New England Shaker Bed: Our New England Shaker bed is true to authentic Shaker style and design, with soft arches and understated features. With this handcrafted bed there is no need to worry about your furniture going out of style–Shaker furniture has been held in high regards since the 1700s, and is still one of the top furniture styles! Pair with your favorite bedding and comfy pillows, and you’ll find yourself not wanting to get out of this beautiful Shaker bed.
3. New England Shaker Dressing Stool: The New England Shaker Dressing Stool is an ideal accessory furniture piece for the bedroom. It’s super versatile and can be used as an accent to your bed or dressing table–or for relaxing while you put on your makeup in the morning. It’s very comfortable, and features an elegant tapered leg, true to Shaker designs.
4. High-End Shaker Full Length Armoire: This luxurious solid wood Shaker Armoire is an elegant, sophisticated piece for the bedroom. It’s functionality in combination with its unique, high end aesthetic make it an ideal piece for those looking for additional storage and style in their space.
5. New England Shaker Lamp Table: This table is an essential piece for the bedroom. Whether its actually used for holding your lighting, or for your books, plants, & other items that there seems to be no other place for, its a stylishly useful furniture piece that would fit well in most bedrooms!
If you were re-decorating your bedroom and could only choose one of these furniture designs– which would you pick? Let us know on our Facebook page, or in the comments section!
September 27th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Want to take advantage of our awesome bedroom furniture sale, but aren’t sure to start? Start by defining your bedroom style! Decor styles can range from traditional to ultra sleek and modern, so lets talk a little bit about the defining characteristics of 3 popular styles!
1) Modern- Clean lines, bold geometric shapes, dramatic in its simplicity. Perfect for an upscale modern home or city apartment. For modern bedroom furniture designs, try the Cherry Moon Platform Bed or the Brandon Bed.
2) Organic- Natural, Reclaimed, and Live Edge are words you’d likely associate with an organic bedroom furniture style. This style allows you to bring a little piece of nature into your home, with a chic and eclectic look. These furniture pieces reveal the true beauty of the wood. Loving the sound of organic style? Check out the Reclaimed Wood Platform Bed and the Live Edge Bed!
3. Shaker- Shaker Furniture is one of the most popular styles of furniture. It’s known for its simplicity, usability, and exceptional craftsmanship. Shaker furniture is perfect for those who follow the belief that less is more! If you love Shaker furniture style, try the Renfrew, New England, or Classic Shaker furniture collections.
Modern Furniture, Organic or Live Edge Furniture, and Shaker Furniture are 3 popular bedroom decor styles that frequent the pages of popular interior design and decor blogs around the web. We adore these styles for their timelessness and simple elegance.
If you’re feeling a particular style, now is the perfect time to buy! With our bedroom furniture sale, you can save up to 20% on beautiful heirloom quality furniture pieces! Save 10% if you buy one piece, 15% if you buy two pieces, and 20% if you buy three or more pieces! Plus, free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
Please note that Copeland, Barnwood, and Artisan furniture pieces are not eligible for this sale.
March 14th, 2013 by Peggy Farabaugh
We’re in the middle of a Shaker furniture sale and I can’t help but notice that almost all the pieces customers have bought have been of a single wood species. We offer a choice of four woods on most of our furniture: maple, cherry, oak and walnut. Which one do you think is the favorite?
Back in the 19 century, the original Shakers built their furniture with woods harvested from their own land. According to Nancy Fischer of BuildDirectBlog, “In the east, this included pine, maple, ash, birch, cherry, hickory and butternut. In the west, walnut, cherry, beech and poplar were used”.
Today’s most popular wood (amongst our customers, anyway) for Shaker furniture is indeed one of those nine woods used 150 years ago. Hint: it’s the wood shown in the photo. OK, it’s cherry wood. I’m not sure why cherry has stormed itself to the top of the best seller list so forcefully but it is a beautiful wood. Woodworkers love it because it’s easy to work with, stains and finishes well with natural oil, and ages beautifully.
Customers love cherry’s clean grain and reddish-brown color that develops a rich patina over time. The fact that cherry wood lasts forever (as demonstrated by some of the valuable antique Shaker furniture originating in Vermont and New England) doesn’t hurt either.
Which wood do you like best for Shaker style furniture? Let us know on our Facebook or comment below.
December 15th, 2010 by Peggy Farabaugh
Winter has arrived and with the snow comes our handmade, solid wood Shaker Style Furniture Sale! Whether readying your home for the upcoming holidays or looking for the perfect pieces to complement your Shaker Style decor we welcome you to browse and shop our Vermont Woods Studios Online Furniture Gallery.
Here you will find Vermont made solid hardwood Shaker Furniture for every room in your home. Available in natural cherry, maple, oak and walnut woods and traditionally crafted one piece at a time. Take 10% off any single piece or add more pieces and receive 15% off each piece. (plus Free Shipping and White Glove Delivery and set-up in your home).
Shop for your new Shaker bedroom, dining room, living room, or home office furniture securely, easily, and conveniently from our online store. Or if you prefer, contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or discuss your questions about our Vermont made, solid wood Shaker furniture. Hurry! This Sale ends at midnight on December 28th.