1. New England Shaker 8/10 Drawer Dresser: This traditional 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to your bedroom. It’s sleek lines and simplistic design make it a perfect piece for the tastes of both husband and wife–not overly masculine or feminine! The two top drawers have internal dividers and a saw kerf on the drawer fronts that give the appearance of separate drawers.
2. New England Shaker Bed: Our New England Shaker bed is true to authentic Shaker style and design, with soft arches and understated features. With this handcrafted bed there is no need to worry about your furniture going out of style–Shaker furniture has been held in high regards since the 1700s, and is still one of the top furniture styles! Pair with your favorite bedding and comfy pillows, and you’ll find yourself not wanting to get out of this beautiful Shaker bed.
3. New England Shaker Dressing Stool: The New England Shaker Dressing Stool is an ideal accessory furniture piece for the bedroom. It’s super versatile and can be used as an accent to your bed or dressing table–or for relaxing while you put on your makeup in the morning. It’s very comfortable, and features an elegant tapered leg, true to Shaker designs.
4. High-End Shaker Full Length Armoire: This luxurious solid wood Shaker Armoire is an elegant, sophisticated piece for the bedroom. It’s functionality in combination with its unique, high end aesthetic make it an ideal piece for those looking for additional storage and style in their space.
5. New England Shaker Lamp Table: This table is an essential piece for the bedroom. Whether its actually used for holding your lighting, or for your books, plants, & other items that there seems to be no other place for, its a stylishly useful furniture piece that would fit well in most bedrooms!
If you were re-decorating your bedroom and could only choose one of these furniture designs– which would you pick? Let us know on our Facebook page, or in the comments section!
Do you love Shaker furniture for its understated, elegant design? We do too! So if you’ve had your eye on particular Shaker furniture pieces, now is a perfect time to buy! All of our Shaker furniture* is currently on sale for either 10, 15, or 20 percent off depending on how much you buy! And our online gallery features over 200 pieces of Shaker inspired furniture, ranging from traditional to modern Shaker styles… so you are sure to find something to suit your decor style.
Shaker furniture has been praised for its simplistic style and usability since the 1700s, and our Vermont craftsmen have dedicated themselves to keeping the same functionally stylish and sturdy design in every piece of Shaker furniture they craft. The craftsmanship and style of these furniture pieces closely resembles the authentic Shaker furniture that has been around for hundreds of years!
With our buy more, save more Shaker sales event, you can save up to 20% on the Shaker furniture of your dreams. Take 10% off one piece, 15% off two pieces, and 20% off three or more piece. Plus, receive free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
You can shop securely, easily, and conveniently from our online gallery. Or if you prefer contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or discuss your questions about our Vermont Made Shaker furniture. Hurry! This Sale ends on Friday November 8th.
Hardwood furniture is experiencing a renaissance this year. It’s always been a classic, but over the years modern materials (metal, plastics, glass, wicker, rattan, bamboo, concrete) have become popular furniture components. Looking at today’s online home decor authorities such as Houzz and Apartment Therapy however, it seems real solid hardwood furniture is making a comeback! Here’s a run-down of the Top 5 Hardwood Furniture Style Trends we’ve seen at Vermont Woods Studios this year:
Robyn is an expert in Wabi Sabi, the Japanese concept of finding beauty in imperfection. In her book, ‘Simply Imperfect: Revisiting the Wabi-Sabi House,” Robyn reflects on Wabi Sabi as more than a design style, but a simplistic and “modestly in the moment” lifestyle. Wabi Sabi is similar to the traditional Shaker lifestyle in that it strips away the unnecessary, and finds beauty in seemingly ordinary things. ‘Simply Imperfect’ is a book that introduces these concepts, and reveals ways to introduce Wabi Sabi into your home!
If you’re curious about Wabi Sabi style, chat with Robyn on Twitter, or read her blog!
Shaker furniture is known for being practical and simple down to the very last detail. Originally made by followers of a religious group, the furniture was designed entirely for its functionality and practicality. Fast forward a few hundred years and Shaker furniture has become an increasingly popular style for the home. This might leave some people asking, “why?”
With how rushed, cluttered, and busy our lives can get– when we go home, we are looking for simplicity too. And simplicity doesn’t mean a lack of style… its quite the opposite. Simplicity is style, and Shaker furniture does it right. Shaker furniture is made using the traditional techniques of the past, creating simple, chic pieces that are timeless and won’t “go out of style” in the future.
Starting today, Vermont Woods Studios is running our Summer Shaker Sale where you can save up to 20% on our Shaker furniture. Our Shaker furniture is available for every room in the home, in cherry, maple, and walnut woods. Enjoy savings of 10% on 1 piece, 15% on 2 pieces, and 20% on 3 or more pieces. Plus free shipping and lifetime guarantee!