Hard to believe we’re turning over another year already, isn’t it? 2011 was a year of huge challenges at Vermont Woods Studios Fine Furniture Store. Let’s see, there was:
- Moving out of the spare bedroom in my house (all 5 of us) and into our first official office space in the “heart of downtown Vernon”
- Making our sales goal of doubling last years sales
- Welcoming our newest staff member, Shannon
- Adding POLYWOOD, recycled outdoor furniture to our store
- Adding sustainable, Vermont made Copeland Furniture to our store
- Sponsoring a number of charitable events, including fundraising for Hurricane Irene victims
Oh, and I finally got an iphone for Christmas this year. That was big too. Plus many other milestones I can’t believe we actually achieved– thanks to our hot-shot staff, our visionary customers, all the talented Vermont craftspeople who build our fine furniture and the many vendors and supporters who help us out every single day. To all of you, we are immensely grateful.
2012 is going to be even bigger, better and more challenging as we look to again double our sales and become smarter, faster, and more efficient at sending Vermont’s fine furniture out to the rest of the country and the world.
To me the most exciting project next year will be transforming the American icon that was Skyline Restaurant on Hogback Mountain into an environmental learning center– that showcases Vermont made furniture and tells the story of how it makes it’s way from the trees in our Green Mountain Forest to the dining table in your kitchen.
I hope you’ll continue to join us as our unlikely, but unstoppable journey moves into 2012. We wish you and your family a very Happy New Year!
This blog is written by your friends at Vermont Woods Studios. Check out our Vermont made furniture and home decor online and visit our showroom and art gallery at Stonehurst, the newly restored 1800s farmhouse nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains.