We always say that we think our customers are some of the best interior designers, because the furniture looks so wonderful when you can tell that someone is really using it and enjoying it. This is why we appreciated these photos that were sent in by one of our customers today so much! Cheryl L. shared the following 3 photos of our Vermont Made furniture in her home–The Modern Designer Coffee Table, The American Mission Barstools, and the Modern Designer Sofa Table.
Have you bought furniture from us before? Would you like your photos to be featured in a blog or on our fan photo Facebook album? If so, post your photos to our Facebook page or send them to email@example.com !
Sometimes it’s the details that really make the design. While some furniture pieces are defined by their clean, straight lines… others are characterized by their delicate edges and curves. “Curvy” furniture pieces have an undeniable aesthetic appeal, because even the most subtle arches can take a normal piece of furniture and give it an element of whimsy and uniqueness. The following 5 wood tables have chic, attention grabbing curves that are sure to make a beautiful focus piece for any space.
1. The Modern Contemporary Trestle Table features an organic live edge top, highlighting the natural curves of the wood. The contrast between the clean lines of the legs and the shapeliness of the top create a beautifully modern piece fit for any home looking to add a bit of organic flair to their home decor.
2. The Cherry Blossom Double Pedestal Table is a truly artistic piece, with two elegant pedestal bases and striking curved, arching legs. Click the photo to see this table with a Mahogany cherry stain, giving it an even more captivating, dramatic look.
3. Our solid wood French Country Coffee Table is the perfect addition to any high end living room, den, or study. The subtle but elegant curved legs go beyond the standard coffee table design, giving you a charming, luxurious piece!
4. Our Duncan-Phyfe Round Extension Dining Table features a modern adaptation of the claw foot, giving it a dramatically elegant look. It can be extended into a larger, oval shaped table, leaving plenty of leg room for your family or guests. The smooth arches of the legs are what give this table its timelessly stylish appeal.
5. The Audrey Solid Top Dining Table features elegant lines in its rectangular table top, and a trestle base with dynamic double ‘X’ legs. The unique arches in the legs make this an ideal piece for anyone with a modern eclectic taste, or for someone adding to add something a little less traditional to their furnishings. This smooth, geometric design is sure to be an attention grabber in any room.
The bedroom is said to be the sanctuary of the home; a relaxing, well designed place that reflects the personality of its inhabitants. Designing this space to fit with your contemporary style might seem daunting for those who don’t have a lot of interior design experience, but there are several simple steps you can take to create a truly modern bedroom design in a snap!
1. Furniture: When designing a modern bedroom, it’s important to choose furniture that fits with the style you are trying to achieve. Traditional furniture may throw off the modern aesthetic and create a disorganized look, while geometric furniture with clean lines and curves makes the perfect starting point. Choose simplistic, understated pieces with subtle curves and real wood. Avoid clunky, overbearing furniture! A truly “modern” room will have only the bare essentials when it comes to furniture… a bed, bedside table(s), a dresser, and a wardrobe/chest! Look for multi-functional pieces with hidden storage compartments!
2. Declutter. A modern bedroom is all about clean, literally and figuratively. When it comes to decor and furniture, less is more…think minimalist. Leave your floor space mostly open, this is very important! Decluttering a space involves keeping your color scheme simple as well! Don’t use a lot of mixed or clashing patterns. Go with neutral colors for most of the room, with brighter colors as statement pieces in your bedding or artistic decor.
4. Art & Decor. Not every person who loves modern design will have the same style of decor. However, there are some main themes to keep in mind when choosing decor for the room. Go with bold art pieces like handcrafted metal sculptures or other unique artisan pieces like blown glass and one of a kind paintings, but again, keep it minimalist. Choose statement pieces that bring together the rest of the room. 1-3 pieces of art max! Take a look at the Astrid bedroom set photo, that hanging branch is a perfect example of one unique piece setting the tone for the whole room.
5. Lighting. Lighting is an essential part of a modern room. It can be used to accentuate various focal parts of the space, from unique angles to your favorite decor pieces. Spotlights and simplistic floor lamps are great too! And when in doubt, use candles. Candles are an easy solution to creating dramatic but natural and chic lighting in the bedroom!
Fuse these 5 tips with your own personal style and flair, and your modern designed bedroom will come to life! Goodluck! And as always, we’re open to your own personal suggestions. What other tips or insight would you give to someone trying to create a modern space? Do you have a modern room that you’d like to share with us? Leave feedback in the comment section, or contact us on Facebook!
If you’ve had your eye on some Shaker furniture, now’s the time to buy! Our shaker furniture sale is not one to be missed! From September 6th to September 19th, you can enjoy up to 20% off qualifying shaker furniture pieces; Buy one piece and get 10% off, two pieces 15%, and three pieces or more 20% off. And don’t forget, every order has free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
If you haven’t gotten a chance to browse our collections of Shaker furniture, allow me to explain 3 reasons why Shaker style is a great choice for any home–
1) Tradition. Shaker furniture is grounded in a tradition of exceptional fine furniture craftsmanship. “Shaker” promises premium quality furniture with a traditionally handcrafted style.
2) Simplicity. Shaker style doesn’t need all the bells and whistles, it has a chic simplistic style featuring natural wood and clean lines. This simplicity makes it an extremely versatile furniture style that would fit well with any home!
3) Style. Shaker furniture is timeless, and will never go out of style!
Browse through our selection of beautiful Shaker furniture, and hurry, because this sale ends at midnight on September 9th!
As a company who focuses on American made products, we are proud to invite you to save 15% store-wide* with our Labor Day Furniture Sale! We believe that our customers deserve the absolute best, and many of our crafters have been expertly creating fine furniture pieces for decades to create the some of the highest quality solid wood furniture in Vermont.
With our 5 day Labor Day Sale, you can shop our online showroom 24/7 from the comfort of your home. Browse through hundreds of beautiful solid wood pieces, and dozens of carefully selected collections.
Save 15% on your order of qualifying products, and receive free shipping and lifetime guarantee! Your new furniture can be made in Cherry, Maple, Walnut, or Oak woods and most pieces can be customized to fit your unique space. Shop securely and conveniently from our online showroom, Or if you prefer contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or discuss your questions!
Hurry, sale ends September 3rd!
*Sale does not include Copeland, POLYWOOD, or Artisan furniture. $1000 minimum purchase.