November 27th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
What if we told you that you could get all of the same amazing Black Friday deals you can in stores, without having to leave your home? That you could avoid crowded furniture warehouses & department stores, and avoid the inevitable shove to the side while another aggressive shopper reaches for the last side table? Well, it’s true! Our Black Friday Furniture Sale is a storewide virtual sale. You can shop conveniently from the couch while you enjoy your mild food coma!
We know that this is not only a shopping-packed weekend, but also a family-packed weekend, so we’re giving you 8 full days to save on our Vermont made, handcrafted wood furniture.
This sale begins the day before Thanksgiving and runs through Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday– with a few extra days for good measure. From Wednesday, November 27th through Wednesday December 4th our online fine furniture gallery is open 24/7 making your new furniture shopping stress and hassle free. (For additional assistance and convenience our showroom and phone lines will be staffed from 9:00am – 5:00pm each day during the event with the exception of Thanksgiving Day and Sunday, December 1st)
During this event, you’ll save 20%* on our real wood Bedroom, Living Room, Dining Room and Home Office furniture all skillfully crafted by Vermont’s finest furniture workshops. Choose from real Cherry, Maple, Walnut, or Oak woods. We can also customize your new furniture to exactly fit your space and needs. All of our furniture is traditionally built to last for generations and is backed by a lifetime warranty.
So, don’t worry about getting out of your PJs to get the best Black Friday furniture deals this year!
*Excludes Home Decor items, Copeland, Artisan and Outdoor Furniture
November 11th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
This Veterans Day, take some time out of your schedule to sit in silence and think about the Veterans who have made huge sacrifices to protect our communities, lifestyles, families, and freedoms. Take another minute to think about where these Veterans are now, and the lives they are living. Lets make an effort to take care of these people who have worked hard to take care of us!
From November 9th to November 12th, Vermont Woods Studios is honoring these soldiers with our Veterans Day Fine Furniture Sale, where most collections are 15% off store-wide. For the 2nd year in a row, 20$ from every order will go to the Adopt a Soldier program, and help a Veteran in need. Read more about our participation in this program at our blog from last year.
Or– read more about some interesting volunteer opportunities listed on the Veteran’s Administration website. You can honor veterans by attending Welcome Home events, helping homeless Vets, donating to Wounded Warriors or contributing to any number of activities listed on the VA site.
As always, our furniture is 100% American made–this helps keep money in our communities and helps to preserve the American lifestyle that these soldiers have fought so hard to protect.
Again, a huge thank you to our military for all of the sacrifices they have made for us.
October 18th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Now that the weather is getting colder, I find myself wanting to spend more and more time in my living room cuddled up watching television. But then reality hits, I have work to do! I think this is an essential part of the American lifestyle, you work hard to play hard! Which is why our Home Office and Living Room Sale is so great! You can furnish your living room for your relaxation time, and your home office for getting down to business!
From October 18th to October 24th, you can save up to 20% on our custom hand crafted wood furniture for your living room or home office! Buy one piece and save 10%, buy two pieces and save 15%, buy three or more pieces and save 20%! Plus, free shipping and lifetime guarantee.
*Copeland, Artisan, and Polywood furniture are not included in this sale.
October 14th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
We always say that we think our customers are some of the best interior designers, because the furniture looks so wonderful when you can tell that someone is really using it and enjoying it. This is why we appreciated these photos that were sent in by one of our customers today so much! Cheryl L. shared the following 3 photos of our Vermont Made furniture in her home–The Modern Designer Coffee Table, The American Mission Barstools, and the Modern Designer Sofa Table.
Have you bought furniture from us before? Would you like your photos to be featured in a blog or on our fan photo Facebook album? If so, post your photos to our Facebook page or send them to email@example.com !
September 25th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Sometimes it’s the details that really make the design. While some furniture pieces are defined by their clean, straight lines… others are characterized by their delicate edges and curves. “Curvy” furniture pieces have an undeniable aesthetic appeal, because even the most subtle arches can take a normal piece of furniture and give it an element of whimsy and uniqueness. The following 5 wood tables have chic, attention grabbing curves that are sure to make a beautiful focus piece for any space.
1. The Modern Contemporary Trestle Table features an organic live edge top, highlighting the natural curves of the wood. The contrast between the clean lines of the legs and the shapeliness of the top create a beautifully modern piece fit for any home looking to add a bit of organic flair to their home decor.
2. The Cherry Blossom Double Pedestal Table is a truly artistic piece, with two elegant pedestal bases and striking curved, arching legs. Click the photo to see this table with a Mahogany cherry stain, giving it an even more captivating, dramatic look.
3. Our solid wood French Country Coffee Table is the perfect addition to any high end living room, den, or study. The subtle but elegant curved legs go beyond the standard coffee table design, giving you a charming, luxurious piece!
4. Our Duncan-Phyfe Round Extension Dining Table features a modern adaptation of the claw foot, giving it a dramatically elegant look. It can be extended into a larger, oval shaped table, leaving plenty of leg room for your family or guests. The smooth arches of the legs are what give this table its timelessly stylish appeal.
5. The Audrey Solid Top Dining Table features elegant lines in its rectangular table top, and a trestle base with dynamic double ‘X’ legs. The unique arches in the legs make this an ideal piece for anyone with a modern eclectic taste, or for someone adding to add something a little less traditional to their furnishings. This smooth, geometric design is sure to be an attention grabber in any room.
September 16th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
The bedroom is said to be the sanctuary of the home; a relaxing, well designed place that reflects the personality of its inhabitants. Designing this space to fit with your contemporary style might seem daunting for those who don’t have a lot of interior design experience, but there are several simple steps you can take to create a truly modern bedroom design in a snap!
1. Furniture: When designing a modern bedroom, it’s important to choose furniture that fits with the style you are trying to achieve. Traditional furniture may throw off the modern aesthetic and create a disorganized look, while geometric furniture with clean lines and curves makes the perfect starting point. Choose simplistic, understated pieces with subtle curves and real wood. Avoid clunky, overbearing furniture! A truly “modern” room will have only the bare essentials when it comes to furniture… a bed, bedside table(s), a dresser, and a wardrobe/chest! Look for multi-functional pieces with hidden storage compartments!
2. Declutter. A modern bedroom is all about clean, literally and figuratively. When it comes to decor and furniture, less is more…think minimalist. Leave your floor space mostly open, this is very important! Decluttering a space involves keeping your color scheme simple as well! Don’t use a lot of mixed or clashing patterns. Go with neutral colors for most of the room, with brighter colors as statement pieces in your bedding or artistic decor.
4. Art & Decor. Not every person who loves modern design will have the same style of decor. However, there are some main themes to keep in mind when choosing decor for the room. Go with bold art pieces like handcrafted metal sculptures or other unique artisan pieces like blown glass and one of a kind paintings, but again, keep it minimalist. Choose statement pieces that bring together the rest of the room. 1-3 pieces of art max! Take a look at the Astrid bedroom set photo, that hanging branch is a perfect example of one unique piece setting the tone for the whole room.
5. Lighting. Lighting is an essential part of a modern room. It can be used to accentuate various focal parts of the space, from unique angles to your favorite decor pieces. Spotlights and simplistic floor lamps are great too! And when in doubt, use candles. Candles are an easy solution to creating dramatic but natural and chic lighting in the bedroom!
Fuse these 5 tips with your own personal style and flair, and your modern designed bedroom will come to life! Goodluck! And as always, we’re open to your own personal suggestions. What other tips or insight would you give to someone trying to create a modern space? Do you have a modern room that you’d like to share with us? Leave feedback in the comment section, or contact us on Facebook!
September 6th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
If you’ve had your eye on some Shaker furniture, now’s the time to buy! Our shaker furniture sale is not one to be missed! From September 6th to September 19th, you can enjoy up to 20% off qualifying shaker furniture pieces; Buy one piece and get 10% off, two pieces 15%, and three pieces or more 20% off. And don’t forget, every order has free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
If you haven’t gotten a chance to browse our collections of Shaker furniture, allow me to explain 3 reasons why Shaker style is a great choice for any home–
1) Tradition. Shaker furniture is grounded in a tradition of exceptional fine furniture craftsmanship. “Shaker” promises premium quality furniture with a traditionally handcrafted style.
2) Simplicity. Shaker style doesn’t need all the bells and whistles, it has a chic simplistic style featuring natural wood and clean lines. This simplicity makes it an extremely versatile furniture style that would fit well with any home!
3) Style. Shaker furniture is timeless, and will never go out of style!
Browse through our selection of beautiful Shaker furniture, and hurry, because this sale ends at midnight on September 9th!
August 30th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
As a company who focuses on American made products, we are proud to invite you to save 15% store-wide* with our Labor Day Furniture Sale! We believe that our customers deserve the absolute best, and many of our crafters have been expertly creating fine furniture pieces for decades to create the some of the highest quality solid wood furniture in Vermont.
With our 5 day Labor Day Sale, you can shop our online showroom 24/7 from the comfort of your home. Browse through hundreds of beautiful solid wood pieces, and dozens of carefully selected collections.
Save 15% on your order of qualifying products, and receive free shipping and lifetime guarantee! Your new furniture can be made in Cherry, Maple, Walnut, or Oak woods and most pieces can be customized to fit your unique space. Shop securely and conveniently from our online showroom, Or if you prefer contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or discuss your questions!
Hurry, sale ends September 3rd!
*Sale does not include Copeland, Polywood, or Artisan furniture. $1000 minimum purchase.
August 24th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Stonehurst has been crazy lately, and in a good way! Settling in here has been great, and quiet for a while… but for the last few days we’ve been nonstop with renovations, visitors, and new fine furniture! Woot! The showroom is starting to fill up and look more like a home, and i’m so excited to watch it progress as we move forward with the landscaping, furniture, and art! So while there isn’t too much more to say, I’m going to post some photos from the last few days so you can get a peek at whats going around the showroom.
August 16th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Our Make a Set Sale is back! Whether you’re looking to add some fine furniture pieces to complete a few rooms in your home, or you’re trying out the ever popular mix-and-match interior decor style, the Make a Set Sale is one of our fan favorites! The great part is that you get to decide whats on sale! All you have to do is select 3 different qualifying furniture pieces, and the 20% discount is yours! Not sure what qualifies? Any piece of furniture besides Copeland, Artisan, and Polywood!
All of our eco-friendly hardwood furniture is made to order, which means that your furniture isn’t just sitting in a warehouse somewhere in Timbuktu, ready to be dusted off and shipped out as soon as you make your purchase.
This is great because your furniture is truly made for you, so there’s no need to worry about whether or not you can find something to fit your space. Besides the fact that we have hundreds of pieces for you to choose from, most of our furniture can be customized to suit your needs, and all of our talented craftsman have the skills to create the perfect piece to fit your home. Plus, you can feel secure knowing that all of our furniture comes with a lifetime guarantee. Every member of our wonderful sales staff is here to make your experience with us as easy as possible, so don’t hesitate to call us with any questions!
Hurry, this sale ends at midnight on August 22nd!