March 5th, 2014 by Kelsey Eaton
To make your bedroom feel new again, you don’t need to hire a designer and do a total makeover. There are several fun and simplistic things you can do to give your bedroom that freshness you’ve been craving!
1. Decorative pillows: Prices can range from super high end to nice and affordable. My favorite place to shop for new decorative pillows is the local thrift store. Mix & match for an eclectic look, sure to bring new life into your space.
2: Plants: Literally bring life into your bedroom! When things are feeling a little dull and uninspiring, introduce your favorite houseplant to your bedroom. They’re nice to look at, and many are super good for your health!
3. Accessorize with wood furniture: There’s a lot of wood furniture than can be used in a variety of different ways. This beautiful Copeland dining chair is very versatile, and would nicely complement your bedroom furniture! Put a pillow on top of it or leave it on its own, the beauty of this chair speaks for itself and makes a truly stylish accent piece.
4. Change your hardware: Are you currently using regular, cheap hardware for your windows & etc? Switch over to something a little more stylish! There are many options for high quality curtain rods & accessories.
5. Temporary Wallpaper. From bold and daring to modest and traditional, there is a temporary wallpaper for you. Add a statement wall or use it all across the entire bedroom to give you a totally new look without much cost or effort!
December 6th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
If you are thinking about re-designing and re-furnishing your bedroom, do you know where to start? Should you start with the furniture or with the decor? In my opinion, you should start by defining your bedroom style! With our bedroom furniture sale, we are offering discounts of up to 20% on hundreds of unique pieces from a variety of collections and styles. Furniture styles can range from traditional to ultra sleek and modern– so lets talk a little bit about the defining characteristics of 3 popular styles!
1) Modern- Clean lines, bold geometric shapes, dramatic in its simplicity. Perfect for an upscale modern home or city apartment. For modern bedroom furniture designs, try the Cherry Moon Platform Bed.
2) Organic- Natural, Reclaimed, and Live Edge are words you’d likely associate with an organic bedroom furniture style. This style allows you to bring a little piece of nature into your home, with a chic and eclectic look. These furniture pieces reveal the true beauty of the wood. Loving the sound of organic style? Check out the Reclaimed Wood Platform Bed and the Live Edge Bed!
Reclaimed Wood Platform Bed, Organic Style.
3. Shaker- Shaker Furniture is one of the most popular styles of furniture. It’s known for its simplicity, usability, and exceptional craftsmanship. Shaker furniture is perfect for those who follow the belief that less is more! If you love Shaker furniture style, try the Renfrew, New England, or Classic Shaker furniture collections.
Modern Furniture, Organic or Live Edge Furniture, and Shaker Furniture are 3 very popular bedroom decor styles that frequent the pages of popular interior design and decor blogs around the web. These styles are adored for their timelessness and simple elegance.
If you’re feeling a particular style, now is the perfect time to buy! With our bedroom furniture sale, you can save up to 20% on beautiful heirloom quality furniture pieces! Save 10% if you buy one piece, 15% if you buy two pieces, and 20% if you buy three or more pieces. Plus, free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
Hurry-sale ends December 19th!
Please note that Copeland, Barnwood, Artisan and Clearance pieces are not eligible for this sale.
November 1st, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
1. New England Shaker 8/10 Drawer Dresser: This traditional 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to your bedroom. It’s sleek lines and simplistic design make it a perfect piece for the tastes of both husband and wife–not overly masculine or feminine! The two top drawers have internal dividers and a saw kerf on the drawer fronts that give the appearance of separate drawers.
2. New England Shaker Bed: Our New England Shaker bed is true to authentic Shaker style and design, with soft arches and understated features. With this handcrafted bed there is no need to worry about your furniture going out of style–Shaker furniture has been held in high regards since the 1700s, and is still one of the top furniture styles! Pair with your favorite bedding and comfy pillows, and you’ll find yourself not wanting to get out of this beautiful Shaker bed.
3. New England Shaker Dressing Stool: The New England Shaker Dressing Stool is an ideal accessory furniture piece for the bedroom. It’s super versatile and can be used as an accent to your bed or dressing table–or for relaxing while you put on your makeup in the morning. It’s very comfortable, and features an elegant tapered leg, true to Shaker designs.
4. High-End Shaker Full Length Armoire: This luxurious solid wood Shaker Armoire is an elegant, sophisticated piece for the bedroom. It’s functionality in combination with its unique, high end aesthetic make it an ideal piece for those looking for additional storage and style in their space.
5. New England Shaker Lamp Table: This table is an essential piece for the bedroom. Whether its actually used for holding your lighting, or for your books, plants, & other items that there seems to be no other place for, its a stylishly useful furniture piece that would fit well in most bedrooms!
If you were re-decorating your bedroom and could only choose one of these furniture designs– which would you pick? Let us know on our Facebook page, or in the comments section!
August 13th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
If you love furniture with clean lines, gentle curves, and soft arches– then The Brandon Bedroom Furniture Collection is the one for you. The Brandon collection takes a sleek, modern approach to traditional designs, making it a timelessly stylish piece. Tried and true joinery in the form of mortise & tenon and dovetails, all skillfully crafted in hand selected American hardwoods. The high quality craftsmanship in addition to the eternal chicness of this collection ensures that it will be a worthy future heirloom piece.
Not sure where to start? Begin with the centerpiece, the bed! The bed is important because A) its big and demands the attention of your space and B) you spend more time in your bed than you do using any of the accompanying pieces. The Brandon bed comes in five sizes, so after choosing the right one for you, feel free to browse through a variety of perfectly matching storage pieces to accent your new bed.
All of the pieces in the Brandon Collection are available in premium Cherry, Maple, or Walnut woods and are finished with an eco-friendly satin varnish, giving it an extremely durable finish. As is the case with all of our furniture, the Brandon collection comes with a lifetime guarantee.
September 22nd, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
Handmade, real solid wood bedroom sets are a significant investment so if you’re shopping for one, you’re no doubt looking for the best overall value in terms of quality and price. Comparison shopping is hard work. It takes days, weeks and even (for many of our customers) months to research all the design and style choices for fine hardwood bedroom furniture sets.
And the price comparisons can really get tricky. Pricing can initially look like it’s all over the place but once you start to narrow down the level of quality you want you begin to see that, with high end, American made furniture, the pricing falls into a very narrow range. That’s because there’s just not a lot of room for mark-up. Handcrafting fine wood furniture takes extraordinary amounts of time to create and when that work is done here in America (which is probably important to if you made it to our blog) it needs to be compensated with a livable wage.
So when it comes to offering the best value for American made fine furniture, retailers like us (Vermont Woods Studios) have the greatest opportunity to save you money by being smart about the way we ship furniture (it turns out that shipping 3 or more pieces of furniture isn’t much more expensive than shipping one) and do our administrative work. With our solid wood bedroom furniture sets we’ve focused on both and are able to discount these sets a full 20%.
Just so you know, this is the best price and lowest discount we’re able to offer at anytime, all year long. While others might mark up to mark down by 70% or so routinely, we do not. Our prices accurately reflect the cost of creating your furniture and getting it to you safely via the best fine furniture shipping specialist in the country. So check out our solid wood bedroom sets today and let us know what you think on Facebook. To find out what others are saying, check out our testimonials page and the Customer Review section of our blog.
September 14th, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
Manjula just finished posting eight new fine wood bedroom furniture sets in our online store at Vermont Woods Studios. Customers have been asking for customizable, solid wood bedroom sets and we've done our best to make them available online at affordable prices.
If you're shopping for this type of furniture, here are 3 questions to ask your retailer before you make a purchase:
* Is this bedroom furniture made from real solid wood? Authentic fine furniture is handcrafted from genuine solid wood, not mdf or particle board covered with wooden veneers. Most of what you see in America's "fine furniture" (aka Big Box) stores like Ashley or Bob's is made with inferior substrates rather than real wood, although it's often hard to tell if you're not familiar with traditional craftsmanship. Be sure to ask your furniture salesman what type of wood your furniture is made with and whether that wood is a veneer or solid wood.
* Where is this bedroom furniture made? American furniture craftsmanship is considered the gold standard worldwide. Thirty years ago states like North Carolina and Pennsylvania were the fine furniture capitals of the world but then the global market place began to change that. American furniture icons like Ethan Allen, Lane and Thomasville moved their operations overseas and quality plummeted. Luckily there are a number of small American furniture companies who steadfastly remained in the USA with quality and community remaining at the core of their identities. Today these businesses are the world leaders in fine furniture, with Vermont's companies leading the way. They are the only companies you will find that offer a lifetime guarantee on their furniture.
* Can this bedroom furniture set be customized to meet my needs? Most furniture sets consist of 5 items– take it or leave it. Well, I say if you're investing in fine wood furniture that you're going to have for many years you ought to be able to select the exact pieces you need for the space and decor of your bedroom. Make sure your furniture salesperson is flexible so you can purchase all of the pieces you need and no extras (that you'll have to find space for in another room).
And here's a bonus tip: ask for a volume discount. At Vermont Woods Studios we've put together 16 different handmade, solid wood fine furniture sets for your bedroom– all 100% Made in America, fully customizable and on sale for 20% lower discount prices. Have a look and if you don't see exactly what you need, give us a call. We want you to have the high end, fine solid wood furniture you've always dreamed of. You deserve it!
August 28th, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
Robin's luxurious, natural cherry, American Shaker Furniture Collection was last week's best seller at Vermont Woods Studios. Design features include straight and curved Shaker lines, perfect proportions, carefully-selected extra-wide boards, 2-sided tapered posts and legs, eased edges, beveleled tops and traditional, mushroom-shaped Shaker knobs.
Pieces are available in natural solid cherry, walnut or maple wood and they are 100% USA made, Vermont made actually.
Robin also offers a sister collection to this one called the Vermont Made Shaker Collection. There are a couple subtle differences between the two collections. The American Shaker Furniture has arched curves along the bottom of the bed headboard and foot board and matching arched aprons along the bottom of the dressers and chests, whereas the Vermont Made Shaker Furniture has no curves or arches– all the lines are pure, traditional straight Shaker lines.
Another subtle difference is in the detail on the tops of dressers, chests and tables. The Vermont Made Shaker Collection features straight lines and edges along the tops of these pieces, whereas the tops of American Shaker Furniture pieces have cove moldings.
When shopping, purists will typically choose the straight lines of the Vermont Made Shaker Collection while customers wanting to imbue a slightly modern flair are more apt to go for the American Shaker Style. Last week the modernists came out ahead.
Which Shaker style do you like best: traditional or modern?
August 15th, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
Now during our bedroom sale is a great time to furnish or update your bedroom with our 100% American Made, real wood Bedroom Furniture. You'll save 10% off any single piece, 15% off two pieces or 20% off 3 or more pieces (plus Free Delivery).
Create your own bedroom set with over 40 bed style options, plus dozens of nightstand, chest and dresser options.
Classic and timeless Vermont styling, handmade with uncompromised craftsmanship, and solidly built for generations of use. Real wood bedroom furniture you will appreciate and enjoy forever. And you can sleep tight knowing your new bedroom furniture investment is backed by a lifetime warranty.
* Excludes Copeland, Artisan, Barnwood & Polywood furniture. This Sale ends at midnight on August 21st.
August 5th, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
Manjula, Kendall and Loryn have been working very hard this week on making it easier for you to shop for all solid wood bedroom sets. Check out this ultra-modern Astrid Cherry Bedroom Set page they've recently finished. It's a contemporary Copeland Furniture creation, made right here in Vermont of course, and crafted from all real solid cherry wood.
We've had Copeland's entire collection up since the start of 2012 but customers were looking for an easier way to build bedroom sets and compare pricing for different combinations of chests, dressers, beds, night stands and mirrors. Now you can use the drop-down menus on this sets page to price out dozens of options for your Astrid Bedroom Set.
I'm looking for feedback to see if this kind of presentation is helpful to you. Let us know in the comments section below or on our Facebook. Thanks!
July 18th, 2012 by Peggy Farabaugh
If you're looking for luxury custom bedroom furniture that's uniquely yours but you're shopping on a budget, you probably ought to have a look at our new Vermont made Copeland Dominion Bedroom Set.
Dennis, Manjula and Kendall designed this bedroom set page so you can customize your own style, color, drawer pulls, dresser and chest size, bed type and more online. Or you might prefer to stop by or give us a call for help with all the choices:
There are four cherry colors to choose from: light colored natural cherry to the dark smoke cherry stain shown here. The bed headboard can be customized to feature panels, spindles, slats or even genuine leather upholstery. Underbed storage can be added too.
The dresser and chest can be customized to the size (3, 4, 5, 6 or 8 drawers) that best fits your space and there are 2 choices for customizing the shape of the tops on each piece.
We figured if you looked at all the possible combinations for customizing this collection there would be about 64,000 so little chance anyone else will have the same thing! If you like it and need help sorting through all the choices, give us a call. This is a brand new bedroom set for us but we're already seeing a lot of interest. I'm eager to hear what you think. Let us know in the comments section below or on our Facebook!
As with all of our furniture, this bedroom set is 100% made in America (right here in Vermont actually) with real wood, sustainably harvested from local and regional forests.