Creatively Configurate with the Moduluxe Bedroom Collection – As seen in Dwell Magazine!
Your bedroom is far more than just a place where you sleep at night. It’s is a sanctuary where you often spend your most personal and reflective time, and it may even be a place where you are at your most productive. As such, the design of the furniture in your bedroom should be conducive to meeting your every need. In other words, it should be versatile.
The Moduluxe Bedroom Collection by Copeland Furniture is the definition of versatile, with the capability to be arranged as individual pieces that can stand alone, as one modular sectional for a semi-built configuration, or any version in between. Choose from platform bed or a high storage bed options for a roomier living environment, as well as cases and media units in a wide variety of configurations. There is even a desk option for those who enjoy working in the bedroom, or feel free to turn the desk into a vanity by adding a mirror above. Key to the Moduluxe Bedroom Collection are the numerous inconspicuous storage options, which make it ideal for rooms where storage space is at a premium.
The Moduluxe Bedroom Collection is crafted in solid maple, cherry or American black walnut hardwood and made-to-order in fifteen finishes with a variety of knob or pull options. The degree of attention paid to the space, style and function of the Moduluxe Bedroom Collection should comes as little surprise to those who are familiar with Copeland Furniture. Since the 1970’s, Copeland Furniture has been making furniture of classic proportion and modern simplicity from natural hardwoods. Copeland Furniture takes great pride in the quality of the environment and natural surrounding beauty, and uses sustainably harvested hardwoods from the American Northern Forest. The Moduluxe Bedroom Collection is yet another creative extension of the company’s commitment to good design, quality and value, as well as a strong desire to stay loyal to the New England tradition of quality craftsmanship.
For those who are seeking a bedroom collection that offers both unparalleled versatility and sensational style, the Moduluxe Bedroom Collection by Copeland Furniture will allow you to realize your vision.
1. New England Shaker 8/10 Drawer Dresser: This traditional 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to your bedroom. It’s sleek lines and simplistic design make it a perfect piece for the tastes of both husband and wife–not overly masculine or feminine! The two top drawers have internal dividers and a saw kerf on the drawer fronts that give the appearance of separate drawers.
2. New England Shaker Bed: Our New England Shaker bed is true to authentic Shaker style and design, with soft arches and understated features. With this handcrafted bed there is no need to worry about your furniture going out of style–Shaker furniture has been held in high regards since the 1700s, and is still one of the top furniture styles! Pair with your favorite bedding and comfy pillows, and you’ll find yourself not wanting to get out of this beautiful Shaker bed.
3. New England Shaker Dressing Stool: The New England Shaker Dressing Stool is an ideal accessory furniture piece for the bedroom. It’s super versatile and can be used as an accent to your bed or dressing table–or for relaxing while you put on your makeup in the morning. It’s very comfortable, and features an elegant tapered leg, true to Shaker designs.
4. High-End Shaker Full Length Armoire: This luxurious solid wood Shaker Armoire is an elegant, sophisticated piece for the bedroom. It’s functionality in combination with its unique, high end aesthetic make it an ideal piece for those looking for additional storage and style in their space.
5. New England Shaker Lamp Table: This table is an essential piece for the bedroom. Whether its actually used for holding your lighting, or for your books, plants, & other items that there seems to be no other place for, its a stylishly useful furniture piece that would fit well in most bedrooms!
If you were re-decorating your bedroom and could only choose one of these furniture designs– which would you pick? Let us know on our Facebook page, or in the comments section! 🙂
Much of the bedroom furniture purchased here at Vermont Woods Studios is customized to meet specific style or dimensional criteria specified by our customers. Contrary to popular belief, custom bedroom furniture can be surprisingly affordable! Over the coming weeks I’ll share our Top 5 Tips for customizing hardwood furniture.
Here’s my #1 Tip and it applies to bedroom chests, dressers, armoires and night stands as well as any other case goods that have doors or drawers:
Change the Drawer Pull
It sounds like a small change but it’s the quickest and easiest way to get a custom look for your furniture. Of course with some dressers and chests, the pulls are an integral part of the overall design. Our Cherry Moon and Modern American collections would be an example of this and you wouldn’t want to change pulls.
But many interior designers are taking a fresh look at Shaker and Mission style furniture and saying, “hey I can jazz this up and create a whole new style by changing the pulls.” You can find a variety of different pulls on our website and in our showroom at Stonehurst. Each of our independent workshops carries their own collection of pulls so if you’re ordering online you’ll want to give us a call to make sure we can match a given pull with the chest or dresser you’re interested in. You can also send us your own pulls and we’ll install them!
Stay tuned for more tips on how to customize your bedroom furniture easily and affordably. Next up: combining two contrasting wood tones (like maple and cherry) into a single piece.
We’ve been showcasing exclusively Vermont made fine furniture for nearly 8 years. We’re very proud to be a part of the 200+ year old tradition Vermont’s craftspeople have earned. But a number of prestigious and talented craftsmen from beyond our Green Mountain borders have been asking to join the Vermont Woods Studios network of independent furniture makers. At the same time, our customer base is growing faster than our capacity within Vermont. So what do you think we should do?
Thus far we’ve declined to expand outside of Vermont. But in the last couple years we’ve been getting quite close to the craftspeople at a certain New Hampshire workshop that’s just a short distance across the state line. After much discussion we’ve made a decision to bring Peter and his group of talented craftsmen into our circle of fine woodworkers. Peter’s family has been making New England furniture for 6 generations– creating each piece of furniture one at a time and paying close attention to the details our customers look for. We are excited to bring them on board and looking forward to your feedback on their work.
Style-wise, you might call Peter’s Brandon furniture “transitional” as it blends traditional Shaker style with modern curves. The Brandon bed is shown above in natural solid cherry wood, although it’s also available in maple and walnut. Three choices of matching nightstands are available, as well as a 10 Drawer Dresser and a Gent’s Chest — all available in natural cherry, maple or walnut wood.
The Brandon bedroom set is the first New Hampshire furniture collection we’ve added and you will soon be able to see it showcased at Stonehurst. Stop by and let us know what you think or send us a comment on Facebook. Look for more fine furniture from New Hampshire coming in the next few weeks!
Copeland’s Dominion bedroom furniture set was our best seller last week. I love this picture, but the cool thing about Dominion is that you can customize it online to look exactly like this (above) or give it a totally different style. The photo above shows this high end bedroom set in natural cherry wood, although you can change the color online and add one of 3 stains: cognac cherry, saddle cherry or smoke cherry. For example, here’s a photo of the same Dominion bedroom in saddle cherry, which is darker than natural cherry and looks similar to walnut wood.
You can also customize the Dominion bedroom set by changing the shape of the top of each chest or dresser. In the photo above the chest on the left has a top that’s flush with the sides of the case, whereas the chest on the right has an over-hanging top. It creates a whole different look!
Furthermore, if you choose small, round mushroom shaped drawer pulls along with the flush top (shown left), you’ve got a variation of traditional Shaker style furniture. But by selecting brushed nickle bars for drawer pulls and pairing them with the over-hanging top, you’ve created a much different, modern contemporary look for the same chest.
Check it out! This is your chance to design your own bedroom furniture and have it handcrafted especially for you, by Vermont craftsmen. Copeland furniture is affordable too and offers a great value for your money, plus we guarantee it for a lifetime. So what are you waiting for?