1. New England Shaker 8/10 Drawer Dresser: This traditional 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to your bedroom. It’s sleek lines and simplistic design make it a perfect piece for the tastes of both husband and wife–not overly masculine or feminine! The two top drawers have internal dividers and a saw kerf on the drawer fronts that give the appearance of separate drawers.
2. New England Shaker Bed: Our New England Shaker bed is true to authentic Shaker style and design, with soft arches and understated features. With this handcrafted bed there is no need to worry about your furniture going out of style–Shaker furniture has been held in high regards since the 1700s, and is still one of the top furniture styles! Pair with your favorite bedding and comfy pillows, and you’ll find yourself not wanting to get out of this beautiful Shaker bed.
3. New England Shaker Dressing Stool: The New England Shaker Dressing Stool is an ideal accessory furniture piece for the bedroom. It’s super versatile and can be used as an accent to your bed or dressing table–or for relaxing while you put on your makeup in the morning. It’s very comfortable, and features an elegant tapered leg, true to Shaker designs.
4. High-End Shaker Full Length Armoire: This luxurious solid wood Shaker Armoire is an elegant, sophisticated piece for the bedroom. It’s functionality in combination with its unique, high end aesthetic make it an ideal piece for those looking for additional storage and style in their space.
5. New England Shaker Lamp Table: This table is an essential piece for the bedroom. Whether its actually used for holding your lighting, or for your books, plants, & other items that there seems to be no other place for, its a stylishly useful furniture piece that would fit well in most bedrooms!
If you were re-decorating your bedroom and could only choose one of these furniture designs– which would you pick? Let us know on our Facebook page, or in the comments section!
Much of the bedroom furniture purchased here at Vermont Woods Studios is customized to meet specific style or dimensional criteria specified by our customers. Contrary to popular belief, custom bedroom furniture can be surprisingly affordable! Over the coming weeks I’ll share our Top 5 Tips for customizing hardwood furniture.
Here’s my #1 Tip and it applies to bedroom chests, dressers, armoires and night stands as well as any other case goods that have doors or drawers:
Change the Drawer Pull
It sounds like a small change but it’s the quickest and easiest way to get a custom look for your furniture. Of course with some dressers and chests, the pulls are an integral part of the overall design. Our Cherry Moon and Modern American collections would be an example of this and you wouldn’t want to change pulls.
But many interior designers are taking a fresh look at Shaker and Mission style furniture and saying, “hey I can jazz this up and create a whole new style by changing the pulls.” You can find a variety of different pulls on our website and in our showroom at Stonehurst. Each of our independent workshops carries their own collection of pulls so if you’re ordering online you’ll want to give us a call to make sure we can match a given pull with the chest or dresser you’re interested in. You can also send us your own pulls and we’ll install them!
Stay tuned for more tips on how to customize your bedroom furniture easily and affordably. Next up: combining two contrasting wood tones (like maple and cherry) into a single piece.
We’ve been showcasing exclusively Vermont made fine furniture for nearly 8 years. We’re very proud to be a part of the 200+ year old tradition Vermont’s craftspeople have earned. But a number of prestigious and talented craftsmen from beyond our Green Mountain borders have been asking to join the Vermont Woods Studios network of independent furniture makers. At the same time, our customer base is growing faster than our capacity within Vermont. So what do you think we should do?
Thus far we’ve declined to expand outside of Vermont. But in the last couple years we’ve been getting quite close to the craftspeople at a certain New Hampshire workshop that’s just a short distance across the state line. After much discussion we’ve made a decision to bring Peter and his group of talented craftsmen into our circle of fine woodworkers. Peter’s family has been making New England furniture for 6 generations– creating each piece of furniture one at a time and paying close attention to the details our customers look for. We are excited to bring them on board and looking forward to your feedback on their work.
Style-wise, you might call Peter’s Brandon furniture “transitional” as it blends traditional Shaker style with modern curves. The Brandon bed is shown above in natural solid cherry wood, although it’s also available in maple and walnut. Three choices of matching nightstands are available, as well as a 10 Drawer Dresser and a Gent’s Chest — all available in natural cherry, maple or walnut wood.
The Brandon bedroom set is the first New Hampshire furniture collection we’ve added and you will soon be able to see it showcased at Stonehurst. Stop by and let us know what you think or send us a comment on Facebook. Look for more fine furniture from New Hampshire coming in the next few weeks!
Having just moved into a new home, I realize how important the bedroom is when re-decorating and re-designing a space,which is why I think that the All Bedroom Furniture Sale is so great! You can save up to 20% on our premium quality, American made furniture, and feel good about supporting local craftsmen while you save. Take 10% off if you buy one piece, 15% off with two pieces, and 20% off of three or more pieces!
We offer hundreds of hardwood bedroom furniture pieces in our online gallery, from contemporary designs to more traditional & Shaker style furniture. Mix and match to create a beautiful, eclectic bedroom set that’s perfect for your style. Each piece is built to order, and can be crafted in your choice of natural cherry, oak, maple, or walnut wood!
Your new bed, nightstand, chest, or dresser is waiting for you! Go ahead and start shopping easily and conveniently in our online store. Or, if you prefer a more personal shopping experience, contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or to discuss your questions about our bedroom furniture sale! Hurry This sale ends at midnight on August 29th!
*Excludes Copeland, Barnwood, and Artisan Furniture.
Our American made bedroom furniture sale wraps up at midnight this Thursday, April 18th with up to 20% savings on real, handcrafted wooden furniture made right here in Vermont. I know you’re used to seeing bedroom furniture sales that advertise 40 or 60 or 80% off when you’re shopping at the big box stores but those companies have to mark up everyday prices in order to mark down for sales. We don’t like that kind of gimmick.
Value is About More Than Price
At Vermont Woods Studios we work very hard to price our furniture accurately and make sure that everyone involved in the purchase has a win: the customer, the craftsman, the forester and logger who sustainably harvest the wood and of course, the environment. We realize that in the age of the Internet, price comparison often rules above all else. So we have a competitive pricing policy to ensure you get the best price available for the quality, shipping and service we offer. And we guarantee our 100% American made furniture for a lifetime of service to you and your family.