Natural, Green, American Furniture: who could argue with that, right? Given similar prices, most people would rather buy this kind of eco-friendly furniture as opposed to foreign imports and here are just a few reasons why:
- The use of sustainably-harvested, local wood helps preserve our forests and the biodiversity we rely on for our very existence
- The avoidance of using illegally harvested tropical woods like mahogany and teak helps preserve the world's vanishing rainforests and the endangered species within them (Twenty percent of global warming is attributed to deforestation).
- Preservation of the art and tradition of American furniture making is important to us.
- Preservation of high quality, green, American jobs is important to us.
- The support for fair treatment of foreign workers, in terms of occupational safety and health and wages is important to us.
These are the realities of imported furniture and the reasons why Vermont Woods Studios customers "bother" to purchase natural, green, American furniture. They're concerned for the health and safety of the people who make our furniture as well as the health of their own families. And acquiring beautiful, high quality furniture makes them feel good about their choices everytime they sit at the dining table or sleep soundly in their bedroom furniture. Bravo to those consumers who value the benefits of natural, American made furniture!
This blog is written by your friends at Vermont Woods Studios. Check out our Vermont made furniture and home decor online and visit our showroom and art gallery at Stonehurst, the newly restored 1800s farmhouse nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains.