August 30th, 2011 by Peggy Farabaugh
We send our most sincere thanks to all our customers, friends, colleagues and vendors who have called over the last few days to see how we're doing after Hurricane Irene.
At Vermont Woods Studios Furniture we're feeling very lucky that we did not sustain much damage (except for Dennis' workstation but that's another story).
As I wrote yesterday, nearly our whole state is in a state of complete catastrophe so we are in a mode of trying to figure out what we can do to help others. Many of you have asked the same thing and I thought I would pass on the suggestions given to us by our Congressman, Peter Welch:
- To volunteer contact the Vermont Red Cross at 802-660-9130. You can also donate to the American Red Cross of Vermont and the New Hampshire Valley (the Red Cross set up shelters immediately after Irene hit for flooded-out families to stay in).
- Text FOODNOW to 52000 to donate $10 to Vermont Foodbank. The Foodbank will turn each donation into $60 for families in need.
- VTResponse.com is working to connect volunteers ready to help with those that need assistance. If you want to help clean up and rebuild, let the folks behind this site know.
- The Vermont Emergency Managememt Facebook has the latest infoand updates state-wide
- Volunteer and cleanup efforts are also being coordinated on Twitter via the #VTresponse hashtag.
Leave a Reply