January 7th, 2014 by Peggy Farabaugh
We’re in the middle of winter here in Vermont but elsewhere in America people must be getting ready for Spring. We’re getting lots of inquiries about our Polywood all weather Adirondack chairs. It seems we’re not the only ones unwilling to haul outdoor furniture back and forth from the basement every year.
Unlike the wooden chairs above, today’s all weather Adirondack chairs are made of recycled plastic milk jugs or Polywood. They offer the traditional design that’s proved itself comfy for generations along with new state of the art plastics technology that makes these chairs super durable. Polywood holds up against harsh weather such as rain, snow, ice, and salt water. It’s insect, mold and mildew resistant, requires no maintenance and even comes with a lifetime guarantee. Best of all, there are over a dozen colors to choose from and you’ll never have to touch up or paint (Polywood’s color runs all the way through each recycled plastic board).
So, let us know which Adirondack chair (wood or Polywood) and which seasonal setting (winter in the mountains or summer on the lake) you prefer on Facebook.
January 4th, 2014 by Kelsey Eaton
When it comes to Vermont made furniture, we are the experts. We are real people with a passion for sharing beautiful Vermont made furniture. Since 2005, we have been delivering top quality, handmade furniture to unique homes across all 50 states in America!
We have learned so much from our customers and their commitment to buying furniture online from a source that they love and trust. Our customer service team has taken all that we’ve learned and made a commitment to providing our clients with an exceptional online furniture shopping experience– this includes ensuring that each and every one of your questions gets answered quickly (and by a real person) as well as helping you step by step with your order (whether you need help with a design idea, or are just looking for more detailed info on a piece you love). We can proudly say that we have a 98% customer satisfaction rating!
One of the biggest benefits of Internet shopping and purchasing is the range of products you can discover, especially unique products uncommon to your region.
Vermont has a long heritage of fine furniture making and one of our goals is to help you connect with Vermont’s talented furniture makers and enjoy the heirloom quality and exceptional value they offer. Vermont made, high end furniture is natural in appearance, always in style, functional, built to last for generations, and most important these days, affordable. Plus shopping from the comfort of your home at any hour of the day is as convenient as it gets! Oh… and of course the Internet is also a great place to compare prices and features– to make sure you get exactly what you want at the best price.
Shopping for furniture online also allows you to review customer detailed customer testimonials to see how others felt about their service and product… giving you an unmatched feeling of comfort and security with your purchase.
We offer some of Vermont’s finest hardwood furniture. What do we mean by ‘finest’? Well, our furniture has quality that greatly surpasses anything you might find at a giant warehouse furniture retailer or at most traditional furniture stores. Our handpicked designs are heirloom quality, and guaranteed for a lifetime. In the spirit of true Vermont craftsmanship, we are dedicated to providing our customers with a product that can be passed down for generations.
Interested in seeing a sample of our furniture in person? Plan a visit to our beautiful showroom & furniture store, Stonehurst.
January 2nd, 2014 by Kelsey Eaton
While some traditional furniture styles are adored for their intricate detailing and complex designs; others are known for their simplicity and timelessness. This is especially true for Shaker furniture, with designs that are highly functional and world renowned for elegant simplicity.
Shaker Style furniture has a history deeply rooted in New England, initially being used as the premier furniture style for the common American household. Meaning, this was a furniture style adored by small tradesmen, local craft workers, mechanics, repairmen, farmers, and the like. Its exceptional craftsmanship was highly sought after by those looking for furniture with function; with style being an afterthought. It challenged the idea that furniture should be extravagant; and found popularity across the United States (and now the world) for its American Made Craftsmanship and humble roots.
Hundreds of years later people are still attracted to Shaker style furniture and what it represents…not to mention, its understated style is fitting for practically any home.
At Vermont Woods Studios, we proudly offer dozens of Shaker furniture designs made in New England from local woodworkers. With an authentic design and exceptional craftsmanship (backed by a lifetime guarantee), there is no better place to buy real wood Shaker furniture.
From January 1st to January 16th, enjoy up to 20% off most Shaker collections! Save 10% with one piece, 15% with two pieces, or 20% with three or more pieces. Choose from dozens of designs for your bedroom, dining room, living room, or home office.
These designs reflect authentic Shaker aesthetic and craftsmanship, and would look wonderful in your home. Love what you see? Conveniently browse our online gallery 24 hours a day. Or, if you prefer, contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or discuss your questions about our Vermont Made solid wood furniture.
December 26th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
At most Vermont Furniture stores you won’t find the exemplary quality, selection, and customer service that you get when shopping at Vermont Woods Studios. We’re proud to offer thousands of unique furniture pieces– many of which can be customized to suit your exact taste and space. With our 12 days of savings Winter Holiday Sale, you have the opportunity to save 20% on the perfect furniture to complete your bedroom, living room, dining room, or home office. You won’t find a larger or better selection of top quality Vermont made furniture anywhere else! To make your experience a little bit easier, we’ve highlighted 12 furniture designs that our customers love.
1. Vermont Shaker Moon Bed: This handcrafted cherry bed features clean, simple lines, tapered legs and arching curves in the headboard and footboard. This piece is an eco-friendly Shaker-style bed with a sturdy platform, built to last for generations, & no need for a box spring.
2. New England Shaker 10 Drawer Dresser: Shown in natural cherry with black walnut knobs, This traditional, horizontal, 8/10-drawer New England Shaker Dresser will add beauty, style and functionality to any bedroom.
3. American Mission Night Stand: This solid wood American Mission Nightstand is the perfect place to store all of your bedtime necessities. Smooth, clean lines and eye catching drawer pulls make this night stand elegant and functional.
4. Classic Shaker Dining Table: Our high-end, handmade Classic Shaker Dining Table features clean, straight lines and smooth, taper legs that look elegant in any setting. This classic design, combined with sustainably harvested, solid wood construction make this table a responsible and classy choice for your home. Shown in Natural Walnut, also available in Cherry, Maple, or Oak wood.
5. Country Windsor Chair: Simple, elegant lines give this high-end Country Windsor Chair a contemporary flair. Comfortable and classy, it welcomes family and friends to sit and relax awhile. Shown in natural Cherry with scooped wooden seats.
6. Sarah Shaker Buffet: Copeland’s luxury Sarah Shaker 4 Door, 2 Drawer Large Buffet with adjustable interior shelves and removable silverware tray with Guardian Anti Tarnish lining and cloth for each drawer.
The Sarah Shaker Collection is real solid wood fine dining furniture crafted for generations of service in your natural home. Handmade to order so you can customize online in your favorite finish. Use the drop-down menu to see the choices for either natural cherry or windsor cherry, autumn cherry, cognac cherry, saddle cherry or smoke cherry stain. Best in its class of authentic custom fine dining furniture, this large buffet is destined to be a cherished family heirloom
7. Vermont Modern Entertainment Console: The solid cherry Vermont Modern Entertainment Console adds a chic designer style to the modern living room. It features a unique curved shape and plenty of space to store all your DVD’s, media equipment and more! This beautiful, solid cherry wood media cabinet will be the topic of many conversations!
8. Modern Mission Coffee Table: The clean lines and modern styling of this beautiful solid wood Modern Mission Coffee Table make it perfect for the contemporary living room, dining room bedroom or foyer! Handmade in beautiful Vermont by classic furniture makers this coffee table will add warmth and style to any room!
9. New York Contemporary Bookcase: Our high end New York Contemporary Low Step Bookcase features artistic flair with modern sensibilities. Wonderful way to show off your treasures wherever you wish in style. This bookcase has been specially designed to work as an entertainment media center, home office and literary storage.
10. Sarah Large Desk: Our Sarah Large Solid Wood Desk with full extension pull-out keyboard tray features classic American Shaker design. Customize online in your choice of wood. Use the drop-down menu to see the choices for either natural cherry (no stain) or windsor cherry, autumn cherry, cognac cherry, saddle cherry or smoke cherry. Add a 60″L return for even more space (what’s a return?). Our Copeland Sarah Shaker Home Office Furniture Collection is handmade in Vermont using sustainably harvested woods. Also available with desk organizer.
11. Solid Wood Custom Bookcase with Panel Doors: Our luxury, custom Solid Wood Bookcases with Panel Doors and can be customized to fit in any space you need fine hardwood bookshelves. The half raised panel doors on this bookshelf are built with solid hardwoods and premium hardware.
12. Catalina Walnut Credenza: The Catalina Lateral Credenza File Cabinet is handmade in Vermont of solid natural walnut wood. Made to order, this large high end office credenza provides a trim, functional place to store your files. It’s the perfect home office solution with sturdy solid wood construction and built for a lifetime of use.
December 24th, 2013 by Michelle Rooks
This coffee table with reclaimed wood top and steel legs is protected from any overheating of the glass candle jar with a slate coaster. Both the table and the coasters are available for purchase in our showroom!
We in southern Vermont are very lucky in that we live very close to several popular candle makers. Half an hour away is the Yankee Candle flagship store in S. Deerfield, MA and in less than fifteen minutes you can get to Kringle Candle in Bernardston, MA. Vermont is full of smaller artisan candle makers. Wilmington Candle Company makes soy based candles and Vermont Honey Lights specializes in beeswax candles.
You can find candles in bright colors or bright white, tiny tea lights to massive multi-wicks. They are used for aromatherapy or setting a mood, come with subtle scents of botanicals, bold tones of aftershave, your favorite foods or no scent at all. The best part of all is that they’re made right here in New England. And you can’t beat candles for an affordable, Made In America holiday gift perfect for teachers or as hostess gifts.
While candles are very popular, they can also be very dangerous. No matter what sort of candle you like, there are certain rules you should always follow when burning:
For a full list of tips, visit the National Candle Association web site.
Here’s one more tip: If your candle is nearing the bottom of its container and you don’t want to throw the container away, simply place it in your freezer for about 20 minutes, take it out and shake out the leftover wax. This only works if the sides of the container are straight, not contoured. Now you can reuse it!
A candle reflects serenely in this beautiful stained glass window — one of the many features that make Vermont Woods Studios such a unique shopping experience.
December 20th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
Year-end sales are often associated with huge clearance discounts because the products do not pass a necessary quality check or because a store might need to clear out their merchandise for the next years’ style.
The Vermont Woods Studios Winter Holiday Storewide Sale is much different than your average year end sale! We’re not putting our furniture on sale because they are “seconds.” From January 1 to December 31 each year, we sell heirloom quality wood furniture that is crafted to last for generations of use (backed by a lifetime guarantee). That being said, we also aren’t trying to make room in a warehouse for next years style. Vermont made fine furniture is timeless. It is naturally beautiful, and year to year that doesn’t change.
As our holiday gift to you, we are giving you 12 days to save on our solid hardwood furniture. You work hard all year long, and this is the time to treat yourself to the furniture you’ve been longing for! Save up to 20% on your purchase during our Winter Holiday Sale. This is a storewide sale, so you can find furniture for your bedroom, dining room, living room, or home office! Whether you are buying just one piece of wood furniture, or furnishing an entire room, you are getting a great deal. Take 10% off one piece, 15% off two pieces, or 20% off three or more pieces of our real wood furniture (plus free shipping)!
Your new hardwood furniture is crafted right here in Vermont just for you, so your furniture can be crafted in your choice of natural Cherry, Walnut, Maple, or Oak woods. Customize your furniture to fit your needs by using the drop down options in our online gallery.
You can securely, easily, and conveniently shop our online gallery 24 hours a day, but don’t wait until the last minute! This discount is only offered for 12 days!
If you need any assistance during our Storewide Holiday Furniture Sale, our Vermont fine furniture specialists are available to help. You can contact them by phone (888-390-5571), by email, or you could even stop by our beautiful new showroom to ask your questions in person.
This sale ends on Sunday, December 31st at midnight!
*Copeland Furniture and Polywood Outdoor Furniture pieces are not included in this sale, but they do carry a low-price guarantee. Custom artisan and clearance items are also excluded.
December 11th, 2013 by Peggy Farabaugh
2013, our first year at Stonehurst gave us another reason to study and analyze what our customers’ favorite American made furniture styles are. With limited space in our showroom, we wanted to display the very best selection of Vermont furniture, as defined by customer purchases. After looking through the sales statistics, we found these Top 3 American Furniture styles, which we’ll be featuring often at Stonehurst:
This Vermont Shaker bed, nightstand and chest are pretty accurate reproductions of the original Shaker style furniture crafted by communities of the United Society of Believers starting in the late 1700′s. Born here in the Northeast, this American furniture style is a simple, utilitarian design characterized by straight tapered legs and mushroom-shaped wooden knobs. Vermont furniture makers have become today’s authority on Shaker furniture and customers seeking a simple elegant, solid wood design have grown to love their work. It’s our top seller and customers are customizing it in their choice of cherry, walnut, maple and oak woods (preference is in that order). Sometimes customers will choose two contrasting wood colors like cherry and walnut or maple and walnut to trick it out– if there is such a thing for “Shaker furniture”.
This Contemporary Craftsman Bedroom Furniture collection is a modern rendition of the American craftsman and “arts and crafts” furniture that became popular in the late 19th century and remained prevalent through the 1930s. It’s handmade of real solid cherry wood with contrasting drawer pulls in solid walnut wood and reflects the true craftsmanship of this period. The finish on this collection is a traditional hand-rubbed oil and wax. If you like this contemporary craftsman style furniture, learn more about the details and craftsmanship here.
This mission sofa table and mission dining chair have the rectilinear design and heavy proportion characteristic of Mission style furniture which became popular in the late 19 century. At Vermont Woods Studios we have a traditional American Mission Furniture collection and a Modern Mission Furniture collection, both constructed of real solid woods in your choice of traditional oak or cherry, walnut or maple woods.
Stop by our new fine furniture showroom at Stonehurst anytime to see what we’ve got on hand in our customers’ favorite furniture styles: Shaker, Craftsman and Mission furniture.
December 6th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
If you are thinking about re-designing and re-furnishing your bedroom, do you know where to start? Should you start with the furniture or with the decor? In my opinion, you should start by defining your bedroom style! With our bedroom furniture sale, we are offering discounts of up to 20% on hundreds of unique pieces from a variety of collections and styles. Furniture styles can range from traditional to ultra sleek and modern– so lets talk a little bit about the defining characteristics of 3 popular styles!
1) Modern- Clean lines, bold geometric shapes, dramatic in its simplicity. Perfect for an upscale modern home or city apartment. For modern bedroom furniture designs, try the Cherry Moon Platform Bed.
2) Organic- Natural, Reclaimed, and Live Edge are words you’d likely associate with an organic bedroom furniture style. This style allows you to bring a little piece of nature into your home, with a chic and eclectic look. These furniture pieces reveal the true beauty of the wood. Loving the sound of organic style? Check out the Reclaimed Wood Platform Bed and the Live Edge Bed!
Reclaimed Wood Platform Bed, Organic Style.
3. Shaker- Shaker Furniture is one of the most popular styles of furniture. It’s known for its simplicity, usability, and exceptional craftsmanship. Shaker furniture is perfect for those who follow the belief that less is more! If you love Shaker furniture style, try the Renfrew, New England, or Classic Shaker furniture collections.
Modern Furniture, Organic or Live Edge Furniture, and Shaker Furniture are 3 very popular bedroom decor styles that frequent the pages of popular interior design and decor blogs around the web. These styles are adored for their timelessness and simple elegance.
If you’re feeling a particular style, now is the perfect time to buy! With our bedroom furniture sale, you can save up to 20% on beautiful heirloom quality furniture pieces! Save 10% if you buy one piece, 15% if you buy two pieces, and 20% if you buy three or more pieces. Plus, free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
Hurry-sale ends December 19th!
Please note that Copeland, Barnwood, Artisan and Clearance pieces are not eligible for this sale.
December 4th, 2013 by Kelsey Eaton
A few days ago, one of our customers sent us these great photos of his new Maple Shaker furniture in his bedroom. Staying true to Shaker sensibilities, the room has an uncluttered and simplistic look; using his American Shaker bedroom furniture to accent the darkness of his walls and highlight the maple flooring. I love it!
These photos inspired me to write a bit about why Maple Wood furniture is great, and the ways it can be used to enhance your own bedroom or other home space!
Maple Wood furniture has a much more informal l look to it than say, Walnut wood, which is typically associated with bold & modern decor styles. The lightness of this wood helps to give your space a relaxed and comfortable vibe– creating an understated interior design style that fits well with traditional Shaker aesthetic.
If you don’t know much about what Shaker Furniture Style encompasses, I’ll give you an overview:
1) Its clean, simple, and unfussy
2) Its practical
3) It features smooth lines and edges
4) Historically, it wasn’t made for “prettiness,” but for use; throughout the years, however, its understated aesthetic has become one of the most popular wood furniture styles!
As you can see from these customer photos, Shaker Furniture in Maple wood is simplistic and elegant; fitting for both a feminine or masculine bedroom. Whats so great about that? Well, It’s ideal for a shared bedroom, keeping both the husband and wife happy! Doesn’t get much better than that!
Lastly, Shaker furniture made in maple wood is great because it really is beautiful and usable in practically any room in the home. Its simplicity gives it a charm that has made it a favorite of furniture lovers for decades.
If you enjoyed this brief overview of Maple Shaker furniture and all of its characteristics; stay tuned for another blog coming soon, on how to pair maple furniture with the appropriate decor! And if you think you’re friends might like this post too… feel free to share it on Facebook or on Twitter! You’ll find our social media icons at the bottom of this post.