As much as I hate to admit it, it’s winter. The sky is dreary, the wind is sharp, and icy snow covers the ground. When you get home at the end of the day, you don’t want your home environment to reflect the outside environment–you want your house to be as cozy and warm as possible! Thankfully, our beautiful cherry furniture has a natural warmth that adds cheer to any space, and when adorned with some of Vermont’s iconic home decor brands, the pairing is perfect for making a comfortable and chic shelter from the harsh weather. With the following furniture ideas, you’ll know what to do to create your winter oasis in no time:
1. Accessorize your wood furniture with blankets:
Blankets are great for creating a warm atmosphere in your home. Aside from literally warming you up, they add soft layers to your decor and give it added coziness (especially when used to accent a wooden bed). Purchasing a new blanket is great, but a handmade quilt is wonderful too.
2. Keep candles lit around the house:
Having candles lit (safely, of course) is a simple and beautiful way to add a touch of warmth to any space. The flame of the candle is sure to make any area of your home feel more alive and more comfy. Using acorns gathered from outside, place your Simon Pearce candle holder on top of an earthy slate base for a look that is as natural as it is stylish.
3. Decorate with warm tones.
Rather than using cool tones like blues and grays, warmer tones like brown, yellow, red and gold are great for giving the illusion of warmth. Your pillows, curtains and bedding are wonderful places to start. These colors look especially beautiful when highlighting the natural tone of Cherry wood furniture.
I hope these furniture ideas will help you and your home avoid the dreary winter blues! What tips would you add? Let me know in the comments or send us a tweet.
Within the past few years, studies have shown that the average home size is decreasing. Towards the end of the 20th century, new homes were all about being bigger and better. Now, new homes are all about efficiency and economics. Homeowners want homes that are efficient in space and energy so they can save a bundle on their bills. While people are still buying bigger homes, trends show that as people move closer to cities for work, average home size will continue to go down as people purchase small apartments and condos. Here are a few furniture tips if you are looking for modest furniture for your modest space.
Mid-Century Modern design is all about fusing the nostalgic look of the 1950s with exceptional craftsmanship and style. If you’ve ever watched an episode of Mad Men, then you’ve seen Mid-Century Modern design at work. It’s elegant and classy with a twist of vintage to make it a fun and functional look for any room in your home. We love the look when it is done carefully and tastefully, especially in the dining room. So if you are hoping to achieve a mid-century modern dining room, take these steps to design your space in a way that is purposeful and not too kitschy:
1) Choose Timeless Furniture & Decor: According to Design*Sponge, “Midcentury” oftentimes connotes thoughtfully designed Modernist homes and furniture, but the fact of the matter is that there was a ton of really ugly stuff in the mid-twentieth century.” So the first step in creating your Mid-Century Modern Dining Room is to pick out high quality items that are built to withstand the test of time, both in craftsmanship and style. If you do a Google search or Pinterest search on Mid-Century Modern Dining Room style, a lot of what you will find is low quality, plastic furniture that will eventually go out of style (and is bad for the environment anyways). Wood furniture with clean and crisp features makes the perfect base for your Mid-Century Modern dining room. Buffets and Sideboards are a staple of the Mid-Century Modern Dining Room, especially when crafted with clean lines and angles. Choose sleek, simplistic dining tables and geometric dining chairs for a subtly beautiful midcentury look.
2) Embrace Subtlety. You don’t need to transform your entire space into an exact replica of a Mid-Century Dining Room from the past. Just add touches of Mid-Century to your current design and slowly integrate them until you have the perfectly designed blend! A great way to do this is to pay attention to the Mid-Century Modern color palette and add splashes of these colors throughout the decor. Here’s our interpretation of the typical color palette used for a Mid-Century Modern Dining Room:
3. Choose your wood Wisely. The wood you choose can effect the entire mood of your Mid-Century Modern Dining Room. Cherry wood furniture is a bit casual and can bring a sense of brightness to the room, while Walnut creates a refined, sleek space. Reflect on how you’d like your space to feel, and shop accordingly!
4. Take inspiration from around the web. We’ve created two Pinterest boards especially for Mid-Century Modern Furniture & Decor, we recommend browsing them and others to create a look that is perfect for you and your home!
Vermont Made Home Decor is the perfect accessory to beautiful, natural wood furniture. While the furniture itself is comfortable and cozy, the home decor adds a layer of chic Vermont style & sophistication.
Vermont is known for its beautiful and unique artistry; from furniture to pottery to glassware, if it’s made in Vermont you can be sure that it is made with quality and elegance. The Vermont made home decor we carry is a representative sampling of some of Vermont’s most esteemed home decor brands– from Simon Pearce glassware to our newest addition of Hubbardton Forge lighting. We are thrilled to bring the best of Vermont Style home decor to the public, in one easy to shop website.
Decorate your entire home with Vermont made home decor for a look that is as eclectic as it is sleek and charming. Start with the custom crafted wood furniture, and complement it with hand blown glass, hand-painted pottery, luxurious linens, and beautifully handcrafted lighting. Each element of Vermont made home decor is unique in it’s style and it’s story, and we are excited to tell you more about them…
Selecting the Right Dining Table Shape for your Home Décor
With the holidays around the corner (can you believe it?) I figured what better time to talk about dining tables! We have all of these shapes and sizes, but how does that apply to your dining space? What will look best in your room and will you be able to accommodate the right amount of guests? There’s lots to consider when considering the right dining table shapre, and I’ll admit, it can get a little confusing trying to guess what kind of table is best for your situation. Hopefully this post can help to remove some of the mystery about what you’re getting when you order one of our fine, hardwood dining tables.