A well designed Christmas table setting can set the tone for the entire meal or gathering. Whether you prefer simplistic, elegant decor or a funky, modern look; your table setting is an important thing to consider when planning for a holiday dinner or party! In this post I’ve gathered 5 of my favorite Holiday table settings from Pinterest!
I hope you loved this unique mix of holiday tablescapes as much as I do! Feel free to keep in touch with us on our Twitter and Facebook for more interior design inspiration!
The large Cherry Moon Storage Bed you’re looking at is a one-of-a-kind custom creation*. As with much of our furniture, this bed is a customized version of other pieces. In this case our Modern Incline Bed has been combined with our 8 Drawer Cherry Moon Dresser. The resulting storage bed was handcrafted in a small workshop just north of here in Montpelier, VT. Robin and his craftspeople used all solid cherry wood with black walnut accents, and coated it with a hand-rubbed, natural linseed oil finish. The bed headboard has a nice, gentle incline which makes reading or watching TV in bed super comfy.
Storage Solutions for Small Spaces
Large storage beds have become popular with our Manhattan, Boston and Washington DC based clientele. They are a real space saver in urban apartments and townhomes. Worried about getting it up the elevator? No problem! Free shipping and white glove delivery is included in the price. And of course, Robin built this storage bed so it’s easily disassembled and reassembled when moving is necessary.
Merry Christmas, Here’s Your New Bed!
I think this is the Ultimate Cherry Storage Bed– it has 8 large drawers for storage! And unlike most of our furniture that is made to order, this bed is currently in our showroom and ready to be shipped to your home immediately. I daresay if you’re in New England, you could be sleeping on it for Christmas. You’d better hurry though because there’s only one of these babies and it’s on sale for 30% off. Here’s an idea: if you want it and think you might get in trouble for indulging, you could do what Ken always does to me… give it to your partner as a gift, right? Something to think about…
* Post Script – Sorry This Custom Storage Bed Did Indeed Sell Today
But we could make another one just like it, if you’re willing to wait for the customization. Give us a call to get things started!
If you’re not already acquainted with the JK Adams brand, allow me to highlight a few things about their history and quality. JK Adams has been “bringing generations of New England Yankee craftsmanship to the gourmet housewares industry for over 65 years.” They handcraft innovative and functional hardwood cutting boards, bowls, utensils, wine racks and knife racks in Dorset, Vermont– just a short ways from Stonehurst.
In addition to wooden housewares, JK Adams also offers Vermont slate products including Lazy Susans and drink coasters (with padded bases to prevent tabletop scratches).
One of the reasons we wanted to represent JK Adams is their commitment to the environment and the Vermont community. Sustainability is part of the foundation the company. Every J.K. Adams product is made in America from sustainably-grown and harvested North American wood. The J. K. Adams facility is fueled with wood scraps. Sawdust is shipped to area farmers for use on their fields and as beds for their animals. The company employs many generations of local families and they are one of the largest employers in the area.
Please join us in warmly welcoming J. K. Adams to Vermont Woods Studios and Stonehurst. We know you will love their products.
ps– they make wonderful gifts for the holidays, weddings, anniversaries and birthdays!
I’m about to out myself as an old-timer. When I was in Junior High most girls took a class called Home Economics. We learned cooking and sewing skills and actually got tested on the proper way to set a table. I have never forgotten the basics of casual dining place setting: Fork on the napkin to the left of the plate, knife and spoon to the right of the plate, with the knife closest and its blade facing the plate. A drinking glass would be above and to the right of the dinner plate. I admit I don’t often practice these skills. In our house we pretty much grab a handful of knives and forks and divvy them up at the table. I picture the Vermont Tavern Table as the perfect place for the family to gather and talk about their day.
If you want to invite a couple of friends to join you for dinner, you may want to kick it up a notch. That brings us to the informal place setting. In addition to the items found in casual dining place setting you may find a bread plate, an additional glass, a salad fork, and possibly a soup spoon. I think the Cherry Moon dining table would be the just the thing for a gathering of close friends.
For a more formal gathering, place setting can be much more involved. There are water and wine glasses and, for truly elegant dinner parties, enough silverware to ready a small army. These can include fish, dinner, salad, cake and cocktail forks, dinner and butter knives, teaspoon, soup and dessert spoons. Add to all of that a charger (a decorative plate slightly larger than a dinner plate), dinner, salad and bread plates and you’re going to need a lot of real estate to hold it all. My choice would be the Vermont-Made Shaker with a boat top. It just gives a vibe of elegance to me.
Place setting has become a bit of an art form. While there are “standard” placements for items, these days you can be much more creative. Add a favor for each guest, create your own napkin rings and place cards or learn napkin folding techniques. Add different levels of candles and some flowers, gourds, or other seasonal items to make an aesthetically pleasing centerpiece. Your table should be a reflection of your own style.
Sometimes it’s the details that really make the design. While some furniture pieces are defined by their clean, straight lines… others are characterized by their delicate edges and curves. “Curvy” furniture pieces have an undeniable aesthetic appeal, because even the most subtle arches can take a normal piece of furniture and give it an element of whimsy and uniqueness. The following 5 wood tables have chic, attention grabbing curves that are sure to make a beautiful focus piece for any space.
1. The Modern Contemporary Trestle Table features an organic live edge top, highlighting the natural curves of the wood. The contrast between the clean lines of the legs and the shapeliness of the top create a beautifully modern piece fit for any home looking to add a bit of organic flair to their home decor.
2. The Cherry Blossom Double Pedestal Table is a truly artistic piece, with two elegant pedestal bases and striking curved, arching legs. Click the photo to see this table with a Mahogany cherry stain, giving it an even more captivating, dramatic look.
3. Our solid wood French Country Coffee Table is the perfect addition to any high end living room, den, or study. The subtle but elegant curved legs go beyond the standard coffee table design, giving you a charming, luxurious piece!
4. Our Duncan-Phyfe Round Extension Dining Table features a modern adaptation of the claw foot, giving it a dramatically elegant look. It can be extended into a larger, oval shaped table, leaving plenty of leg room for your family or guests. The smooth arches of the legs are what give this table its timelessly stylish appeal.
5. The Audrey Solid Top Dining Table features elegant lines in its rectangular table top, and a trestle base with dynamic double ‘X’ legs. The unique arches in the legs make this an ideal piece for anyone with a modern eclectic taste, or for someone adding to add something a little less traditional to their furnishings. This smooth, geometric design is sure to be an attention grabber in any room.