It’s easy to add a pop of Patriotic style to your outdoor space with our colorful Polywood furniture. Most pieces can be ordered in red, white, and blue;making them the perfect centerpieces for your summer BBQs, like this weekend for Memorial Day! From lounge furniture ideal for relaxing in the sun with your friends to dining furniture made for your big summer BBQ– our Red, White, & Blue Furniture can be mixed and matched to create a truly inspiring Patriotic look.
Lounge in Americana Style
Casually Patriotic Dining
The United States of Relaxation
Getting your home ready for a Memorial Day Barbecue or gathering doesn’t have to consist of over the top, throwaway decorations. Use Red, White, & Blue Furniture as the base for your decor, and use minimal colorful accessories to complement it. This way, you won’t have much waste and you’ll get to enjoy these patriotic colored furniture pieces for years and years to come!
Rustic Farmhouse Dining Furniture has gained a lot of popularity among traditional Americana lovers and vintage furniture fans across the globe. Adored for its charming country style and farm house feel– this furniture style is sure to make you feel “at home” whether you live in the country or the city.
Handmade Vermont farmhouse tables are a good reflection of the creative and frugal nature of New England’s most passionate Yankee craftsmen. If you’ve driven through rural New England lately you’ve probably noticed the sad demise of some of our historic barns, homes, and buildings. Over 200 years of wind, rain, and snow have left these antique treasures in desperate need of rebirth.
Lucky for them (and us), Vermont has many talented craftsmen who’ve taken on the mission of reclaiming these old barnwood boards and timbers and milling them into beautiful rustic farmhouse dining furniture pieces!
Rustic Farmhouse Dining Tables: Stronger & More Stylish With Age
Can you imagine the amazing qualities of wood that make it as beautiful, strong and durable today as it was 200 years ago? And even after standing out in the rain and snow all that time?
Much of this vintage barn wood comes from original stands of America’s old growth forests and, as a result it has incredible architectural quality that could only be crafted by nature. Boards are extra wide with lush color and rich patinas. The beauty, density and stability of the wood, not to mention the unique character it attains after decades or even centuries of service in an old barn, factory or warehouse is captivating.
Not surprisingly, these early American reproduction furniture pieces are exploding in popularity, not only in New England but all across America. Many artisans working throughout Vermont specialize in reclaiming and rejuvenating antique barnwood and transforming it into rustic farmhouse dining tables, coffee tables, extension tables, cupboards, buffets… even beds. The result is unique, custom made furniture filled with warmth, charm and American history.
And farmhouse furniture isn’t just for country decor. Interior designers and home owners are discovering the authenticity that real American barnwood brings to modern metropolitan homes in Manhattan, Boston, Washington, DC and even as far away as Los Angeles.
What’s your take on Rustic Farmhouse Dining style? Let us know in the comments section, or send us a tweet!
If you are anything like me, winter time usually means an excess of clutter! Call me a hoarder, but my things give me comfort through the chilly winter nights. My jackets, scarves, mittens, boots, heavy knit sweaters, wool socks and handmade hats can usually be found scattered throughout my bedroom & closet throughout the colder months– but finally, we’re starting to see signs of springtime. And finally, I can start to pack up. As I started packing away some of my winter clothes this past weekend, I realized that I didn’t really have a good place to keep everything. Do I just stuff them into a drawer or into my closet? Should I shove it all under my bed and dig it out again come next winter? None of these solutions really worked for me, as someone who favors style and organization. After lots of deliberation, I found my solution: Blanket Chests!
Hardwood blanket chests are a great solution for storing your excess winter clothes! They look beautiful & are actually very versatile. While the images shown in this blog feature blanket chests used at the bottom of the bed, they can also be used as a coffee table or large side table1
My picks for 3 hardwood blanket chests that are perfect for packing away your winter clothes and blankets in style:
1. Contemporary Craftsmen Blanket Chest: Our premium quality solid wood Contemporary Craftsman Blanket Chest, with it’s gentle curves and graceful lines is the perfect complement to your contemporary bedroom. Perfect for those thick winter blankets or extra sheets. All our luxury Contemporary Craftsman collection is handcrafted to order by Vermont furniture makers in your choice of solid cherry, maple, or walnut woods with a eco-friendly non-toxic oil finish that not only protects, but enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
2. American Mission Blanket Chest: The wood for our American Mission Blanket Chest is sustainably harvested right here in America. Store all your comforters in this stylish solid wood blanket chest. A very high end piece of mission bedroom furniture that will become a future heirloom in your family.
3. Vermont Made Shaker Blanket Chest: This luxury Vermont-Made Shaker Blanket Chest lifts open smoothly to store all your blankets and necessities in style. Each chest is eco-friendly, made from sustainably harvested woods and handmade to be heirloom quality. Ceder lined bottom and the lid stays where you leave it up.
Are blanket chests part of your spring cleaning and decluttering routine? If not, what do you use to store your winter excess? Let us know on Facebook or in the comments section of this blog! As always, we look forward to hearing your opinions. Stay warm and good luck with your spring cleaning, friends!
Last month I took a trip to Manhattan to meet with leaders in the world of home decor and interior design. We talked about the fact that the past several years have been dominated by modern, contemporary decor with lots of metal, glass, upholstery and synthetics. Very little wood. But in 2014 the pendulum is swinging back to home decor that is much more connected to our natural world. Check out Architectural Digest’s latest interiors page and you’ll find the richness of handmade wood furniture, flooring and accessories throughout.
In 2014, interior designers and homeowners are looking to be refreshed by the authenticity and organic nature of real wood in their home decor. Reclaimed wood and metal are perhaps the most popular combination for furniture styles we’ve seen this year. The beautiful occasional tables above (handcrafted by Dan Mosheim and his sons) are a great example.
Here’s another example of handmade wooden furniture that’s trending up this Spring. It’s Copeland’s new Kyoto Dining Furniture Collection– proving that modern and wood are not an oxymoron when it comes to furniture!
Need more inspiration on how to refresh your home with the beauty of handmade wooden furniture this Spring? Visit the Architectural Digest annual Home Show in Manhattan, March 20-23. Or make a trip to beautiful Vermont and enjoy the bounty of nature inside our fine furniture showroom and outside on our scenic woodland trails.
To make your bedroom feel new again, you don’t need to hire a designer and do a total makeover. There are several fun and simplistic things you can do to give your bedroom that freshness you’ve been craving!
1. Decorative pillows: Prices can range from super high end to nice and affordable. My favorite place to shop for new decorative pillows is the local thrift store. Mix & match for an eclectic look, sure to bring new life into your space.
2: Plants: Literally bring life into your bedroom! When things are feeling a little dull and uninspiring, introduce your favorite houseplant to your bedroom. They’re nice to look at, and many are super good for your health!
3. Accessorize with wood furniture: There’s a lot of wood furniture than can be used in a variety of different ways. This beautiful Copeland dining chair is very versatile, and would nicely complement your bedroom furniture! Put a pillow on top of it or leave it on its own, the beauty of this chair speaks for itself and makes a truly stylish accent piece.
4. Change your hardware: Are you currently using regular, cheap hardware for your windows & etc? Switch over to something a little more stylish! There are many options for high quality curtain rods & accessories.
5. Temporary Wallpaper. From bold and daring to modest and traditional, there is a temporary wallpaper for you. Add a statement wall or use it all across the entire bedroom to give you a totally new look without much cost or effort!