We’d like to extend our appreciation to Linda T., for sending us this lovely appreciation photo. The photo shows her new American Shaker Panel Bed in Natural Cherry. It’s a classic bed for the contemporary bedroom, as it is elegant, simple, and very pretty. This handcrafted bed features sleek panels in the headboard and footboard that add a modern feel to this traditionally inspired Shaker bed. It also showcases gentle arches and simple tapered legs, a hallmark of Shaker furniture.
The American Shaker Panel Bed is handmade in Vermont using sustainably harvested wood. Each piece is custom crafted, made just for you. Beds ordered with the optional under-bed storage unit will include a vanity footboard that extends close to the floor to conceal the storage unit!
Do you have a photo of Vermont Woods Studios furniture in your home? We’d love to see it! Send your customer appreciation photos to email@example.com and we will feature it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+!
2014 was a great year for us at Vermont Woods Studios. Through lots of trial and error and experimentation, we ended up in a great place and look forward to another year of growth! We’ve learned so much that we couldn’t possibly list it all, but here are 10 wonderful things we learned this year:
1. How to transform a lost ski area into a beautiful showcase for Vermont made furniture, artwork and home decor. It was our first full year at Stonehurst, the marvelous property we call home. We couldn’t be happier with how well it was received by our guests, and we eagerly await even more visitors in 2015!
2. How to build a set to take professional photos of our furniture. Nina & Dennis spent a great amount of time and energy getting crafty and making sets for photoshoots. With Nina’s photoshop wizardry, dusty old storage areas and garages transform into quaint living spaces perfect for furniture photos!
3. How to keep woodchucks out of our flower garden using aluminum pie plates. As you can see in the photo above, our showroom sees frequent visitors from the forest! Unfortunately, they are big fans of our gardens so we’ve learned creative ways of humanely keeping them at a safe distance!
4. How to harvest wood to sustainably heat our showroom. Our student interns (Douglas & Peggy’s kids) had a busy summer stacking 40 cords of firewood sourced from fallen trees around Stonehurst!
5. Never lose hope. We were a little disheartened about not seeing any Monarchs in our butterfly garden this year, but just as we started planning our 2015 Monarch conservation efforts, a symbol of hope arrived! We worked together to plant and share milkweed throughout our community and are excited to continue with this project through the new year.
6. Handcrafted wood furniture deserves beautiful decor accessories to go with it. Our natural wood furniture is simple and beautiful on it’s own, but handcrafted Vermont made decor adds another layer of richness that we can’t help but love.
7. Our furniture looks great in big houses and “tiny houses” alike! Earlier in the year we provided a POLYWOOD La Casa Dining Set to Tiny House Nation, a show that celebrates the innovation and creativity of Tiny Houses and the people who inhabit them!
8.Nothing feels better than giving back to the community. We made it a priority to give back to our community this year– from donating food for a community Thanksgiving dinner, to participating in Vermont’s ‘Green up Day’ and more! Our whole team took part in our charitable activities and look forward to another great year of giving.
9. Nature makes a great backdrop for photos. Our previous ‘our team‘ page featured each of us on white backgrounds, making us look like our heads were floating in space! We learned that we look much better in a natural setting, surrounded by things we cherish (trees!)
10. Appreciate the seasons while they last. We are lucky to live in New England, a place where each season is bold, beautiful, and transformative! The freshness of Spring, the relaxed nature of Summer, the crisp air of the Fall, and the reflective state of Winter are things we’ve grown to love. At Stonehurst, we get to see the uniqueness of each season as the year passes and we have learned to love and appreciate all of them while they are here.
I hope you have enjoyed reading about some of the things we learned in 2014, and we look forward to another great year ahead! Best wishes for a Happy New Year!
From all of us at Vermont Woods Studios, we’d like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a new year filled with health, prosperity, and happiness! Thank you so much for your continued support of our business and our mission! It’s been a great year!
The holidays are upon us and gifting is probably on the back of your mind. Gifting can be tricky, especially if you wait until last minute, but we have a great solution for you. Our Vermont Woods Studios gift certificates are the perfect present for the eccentric fine furniture lover or Vermont home decor aficionado! Gift Certificates start at $100 and can easily be purchased online.
How to buy your gift certificate
Gift Certificates are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using the store’s standard payment method(s). Once your payment has cleared, we will send the Gift Certificate by mail to the Shipping Address entered during checkout.
How to shop with your gift certificate
With the funds from your gift certificate account you can shop hundreds of items in our store! At the checkout stage, an extra box will appear. Simply enter the amount to apply from the funds in your Gift Certificate Account. Please note: you will still have to select another payment method if there is not enough in your Gift Certificate Account to cover the entire cost of your purchase. If you have more funds in your Gift Certificate Account than the total cost of your purchase, the balance will be left in your Gift Certificate Account for future use! See more information on our gift certificates here.
Gift certificates are a great way to take the guesswork out of giving, and a wonderful way to make sure that the people you care about will be getting a gift that they will love and cherish. For any questions regarding the Gift Certificate System, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!