Kelsey is a Green Mountain College alumni, currently pursuing her Masters degree in Internet Marketing at Full Sail University. She is skilled in graphic design, social media, content creation, and photography! Friends might call her a marketing maven by day, and a tribal bellydancer by night!
If you’re looking for unique, modern dining room furniture, The Kyoto Collection is for you. The Kyoto Dining Room Furniture Collection by Copeland takes a traditional Japanese furniture design and fuses it with a Modern Western aesthetic…creating a truly extraordinary dining set. The broad surfaces, simple geometric shapes, and real walnut wood create a naturally complex beauty. This dining set is defined by its asymmetry and natural features.
The Kyoto collection includes both a solid top and extension top table in 2 sizes providing dining for up to 10. Eclectic but perfectly matching dining chairs are available in both arm & side styles. If you’re looking for more storage, you can round out your new dining set by adding the versatile Kyoto buffet which is available in 9 different configurations.
This collection is hand crafted to order in Vermont, using solid American black walnut hardwood, and is finished with a durable, low sheen top coat.
The bedroom is said to be the sanctuary of the home; a relaxing, well designed place that reflects the personality of its inhabitants. Designing this space to fit with your contemporary style might seem daunting for those who don’t have a lot of interior design experience, but there are several simple steps you can take to create a truly modern bedroom design in a snap!
1. Furniture: When designing a modern bedroom, it’s important to choose furniture that fits with the style you are trying to achieve. Traditional furniture may throw off the modern aesthetic and create a disorganized look, while geometric furniture with clean lines and curves makes the perfect starting point. Choose simplistic, understated pieces with subtle curves and real wood. Avoid clunky, overbearing furniture! A truly “modern” room will have only the bare essentials when it comes to furniture… a bed, bedside table(s), a dresser, and a wardrobe/chest! Look for multi-functional pieces with hidden storage compartments!
2. Declutter. A modern bedroom is all about clean, literally and figuratively. When it comes to decor and furniture, less is more…think minimalist. Leave your floor space mostly open, this is very important! Decluttering a space involves keeping your color scheme simple as well! Don’t use a lot of mixed or clashing patterns. Go with neutral colors for most of the room, with brighter colors as statement pieces in your bedding or artistic decor.
4. Art & Decor. Not every person who loves modern design will have the same style of decor. However, there are some main themes to keep in mind when choosing decor for the room. Go with bold art pieces like handcrafted metal sculptures or other unique artisan pieces like blown glass and one of a kind paintings, but again, keep it minimalist. Choose statement pieces that bring together the rest of the room. 1-3 pieces of art max! Take a look at the Astrid bedroom set photo, that hanging branch is a perfect example of one unique piece setting the tone for the whole room.
5. Lighting. Lighting is an essential part of a modern room. It can be used to accentuate various focal parts of the space, from unique angles to your favorite decor pieces. Spotlights and simplistic floor lamps are great too! And when in doubt, use candles. Candles are an easy solution to creating dramatic but natural and chic lighting in the bedroom!
Fuse these 5 tips with your own personal style and flair, and your modern designed bedroom will come to life! Goodluck! And as always, we’re open to your own personal suggestions. What other tips or insight would you give to someone trying to create a modern space? Do you have a modern room that you’d like to share with us? Leave feedback in the comment section, or contact us on Facebook!
Seems like there’s a national week for everything nowadays, and this time i’m not complaining. As a total houseplant fan, I think that celebrating earths natural air cleaners is great! House plants have numerous benefits to your health and home, from air purification to easy breathing, and not to mention they add lots of style to your space. National indoor plant week is a nation wide effort to increase awareness of the value of plants, and to spark enthusiasm for them! I’m already excited!
Feeling inspired? Participation in National Indoor Plant week is free, and can be as grand or miniscule as you like. For example, Interior Tropical Gardens of Union Illinois set up 7 street locations and handed out 2,000+ small peace lilies and info on the value of indoor plants. But even something as simple as gifting a houseplant to your coworkers is enough! Sounds pretty easy to me.
Vermont Woods Studios is a pretty festive workplace sometimes, and we’re always down to bring a little bit of nature into the office! So we’re celebrating indoor plants by bringing in a potted plant for each office at Stonehurst! Woo hoo, naturally clean air for everyone!
Stonehurst continues to see lots of updates and upgrades! From our beautiful walk way, to our new utility shed, to the updated deck being built outback– the improvements are coming along quickly and creating a truly picturesque place to showcase our Vermont Style Furniture.
We know that a lot of our friends and customers like to keep up to date with whats happening around Stonehurst, just out of general curiosity or to find out when is the best time to plan for a visit.
And despite all of the updates going on around Stonehurst, we’re happy to have guests! The inside of the showroom looks absolutely beautiful, fully adorned with high-end decor and one of a kind art pieces from local Vermont artisans.
Here, take a peek for yourself!
Well, there’s a tiny peek at what the showroom looks like. We’ll save the rest for your first visit! See you soon!
If you’ve had your eye on some Shaker furniture, now’s the time to buy! Our shaker furniture sale is not one to be missed! From September 6th to September 19th, you can enjoy up to 20% off qualifying shaker furniture pieces; Buy one piece and get 10% off, two pieces 15%, and three pieces or more 20% off. And don’t forget, every order has free shipping and a lifetime guarantee!
If you haven’t gotten a chance to browse our collections of Shaker furniture, allow me to explain 3 reasons why Shaker style is a great choice for any home–
1) Tradition. Shaker furniture is grounded in a tradition of exceptional fine furniture craftsmanship. “Shaker” promises premium quality furniture with a traditionally handcrafted style.
2) Simplicity. Shaker style doesn’t need all the bells and whistles, it has a chic simplistic style featuring natural wood and clean lines. This simplicity makes it an extremely versatile furniture style that would fit well with any home!
3) Style. Shaker furniture is timeless, and will never go out of style!
Browse through our selection of beautiful Shaker furniture, and hurry, because this sale ends at midnight on September 9th!