Kelsey is a Green Mountain College alumni, currently pursuing her Masters degree in Internet Marketing at Full Sail University. She is skilled in graphic design, social media, content creation, and photography! Friends might call her a marketing maven by day, and a tribal bellydancer by night!
Our beautiful fine furniture and Vermont made home decor showroom is open 9-6 on Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. If you’ve been dreaming about making the trip to visit us and see our Vermont handcrafted furniture up close, we’d love to have you here this weekend! The weather in Vermont is supposed to be great, the showroom is full of great furniture pieces, and we’re sure it’ll be worth the trip.
Bring a picnic lunch and walk around our 100+ acre property. Enjoy the natural beauty of the trees while you shop for wood furniture that comes from well managed forests just like the one in our backyard!
To see what furniture we have available ahead of time, check out our selection of ‘showroom furniture.’
Clean lines, simple ornamentation, and sturdy wooden frames are the primary distinguishable features of Mission Style Bedroom Furniture. This furniture style focuses on the inherent quality of the design, the natural beauty of the materials, and a build that is made to last for generations.
In the early 1900s, Mission style furniture was created as a reaction to the industrial revolution and the ways in which it devalued the individual worker. The bold lines and sturdy, unadorned wooden base contrasted greatly against the frilly, ornate aesthetic of the mass produced designs of the Victorian era.
Mission Style emphasizes simple horizontal and vertical lines and flat panels that accentuate the wood grain, and is most commonly crafted in Oak with a stain finish. There is little or no decoration, though the joinery is often given a darker stain to emphasize the expert construction.
While Mission Style furniture was created as a design movement that rejected low quality, mass produced pieces, eventually Mission style was mass produced just like its predecessors, and low-quality Mission furniture was soon found everywhere.
At Vermont Woods Studios, however, our Mission Style furniture is still built with the quality and integrity that Mission Style has long represented. A focus on real quality craftmanship, built by real expert Vermont artisans.
Why bring Mission Style Bedroom Furniture into your home?
As mentioned previously, Mission Style bedroom furniture is masterfully crafted to be sturdy, simple, and inherently striking. It’s perfect for a bedroom because (like all of our furniture) it’s built for a lifetime of use and if you like sleeping as much as I do, your bed gets a ton of wear over the years. You’re going to want something functional, simplistic, and built for real use.
Is Mission Style furniture bedroom furniture right for you? Check out our collections of mission furniture or contact one of our friendly fine furniture specialists to talk about crafting a custom mission style bedroom furniture piece just for you.
Our summer bedroom furniture sale is in full swing now. If you’re finally ready to treat yourself to the bedroom of your dreams, stop by and check out the discounts and savings. You deserve a great bed!
Furnish your bedroom with our 100% American Made, real wood furniture. Save big when shopping for bedroom furniture online–with our buy more, save more sale you’ll save 10% off any single piece, 15% off two pieces or 20% off 3 or more pieces (plus Free Shipping)*.
Choose from over 40 styles of beds in your choice of natural Cherry, Maple, Walnut, or Oak solid woods. Create your own bedroom set with dozens of nightstand and dresser options!
Classic and timeless Vermont styling, handmade with uncompromised craftsmanship, and solidly built for generations of use. This is bedroom furniture you will appreciate and enjoy forever. Shopping for bedroom furniture online can seem scary, as you don’t get the opportunity to see and touch it up close before you purchase…but you can sleep tight knowing your new bedroom furniture investment is backed by a lifetime guarantee. Our fine furniture experts are here full time and are eager to help you out before, during, and after your purchase.
Every piece in our bedroom collections is skillfully handcrafted one piece at a time right here in Vermont and made just for you. Shop for your new bed, nightstands, chests, dressers, and mirrors securely, easily, and conveniently directly from our online store. Or, if you prefer, contact us at 888-390-5571 to order by phone or to discuss your questions about our Vermont Made, solid wood bedroom furniture. Hurry! This sale ends at midnight on July 24th!
*Excludes Copeland, Barnwood, Artisan, and Clearance Furniture
Sophisticated, chic, timeless. Having the right accents in your home is just as important as having the right furnishings. Make your home décor really pop with our elegant and beautiful Simon Pearce glassware and pottery.
Since 1971 Simon Pearce, has been providing glassware and pottery that is beautifully hand-crafted by master glassblowers and potters who pride themselves on creating functional, durable, lead-free products to last generations. Greatly influenced by the Georgian forms of the 18th and 19th century, Simon Pearce adapted his own distinct style while maintaining the elements of classic European design. Combined with centuries-old techniques, these pieces are brought to life in this simple yet artfully designed glassware and pottery.
Vermont was recently ranked #2 in an article highlighting America’s best states to live in for 2014, just behind Hawaii. While Hawaii is great and all (tropical beach vacation… helloooo) I thought it’d be worthwhile to make a list of the top 5 reasons we love Vermont, and think it’s truly a great state to live in!
1. Forests. It’s proven that spending time in nature relieves stress, anxiety and depression, among other things. The state of Vermont is covered in trees, woodlands, and meadows, leaving you with no shortage of places to spend time outside and keep you feeling good! Not to mention, we have great places to camp and hike outdoors. My drive to work consists of deer, fox, and wild turkey spottings. My day at work consists of planting butterfly gardens and feeding the squirrels. My night consists of walks through the woods with my dog, who loves the freedom of roaming through the trees. If you’re a lover of the outdoors, Vermont is a great place for you.
2. Seasons. I grew up in a small town in Southern California, a place where the climate was moderate and averaged around 70 degrees throughout most Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. When I first moved to New England, I had never seen snow or experienced a crisp, Vermont autumn. I had never seen the beauty of the leaves turning so boldly or colorfully, or the major contrast between icy winters and summers only meant for swimming. Now that I’ve been here for many years, I look forward to the transition between the seasons and the ways life changes during each. It’s a special part of New England and a special part of Vermont, something non-existent in many other places around the US.
3. Commitment to local. The localvore movement is spreading across the United States, but a love for local has always been a part of Vermont’s ethos. From local cheeses, furniture, flowers, wine and beer; the culture of Vermont is one that prioritizes supporting our community and the people who work to make it great! It just so happens that Vermont is known for crafting the best of the best; the best microbrews, the best fine furniture, the best cheese, the best sweets, (and more) so we’re very lucky that supporting our local farmers, crafters and artisans is so easy!
4. No Billboards. Take a drive down any Vermont road and you’ll notice that the only thing lining the pavement is dirt, grass, and trees. Vermonters don’t want to disturb the beauty of the natural landscape with unnecessary advertisements, giving you the perfect highways and back roads for summer road trips and autumn leaf peeping. The photo above is the road leading right to our rural Vermont showroom, Stonehurst.
5. Sustainability. Besides all the woodlands & wildlife, Vermont is known for being “green” in another way. Vermont is a leader in the environmental movement with its stances on conservation, its passion for supporting local agriculture, and commitment to sustainable energy use. Curbside compost and recycling is the norm in many places around Vermont, and environmental education is a field of study people across the US are journeying to Vermont learn about! Plus, you’ll find lots of bikers! Some of our employees have even committed to biking to work sometimes instead of driving to save energy and reduce their eco-footprints.
Vermont is a great place to work, to live, and to explore… but if you can’t live here yourself, you can always take a piece of Vermont home with you by shopping for Vermont crafted furniture and home decor. Or if you find yourself at a local beer store, stay on the look out for Heady Topper, Long Trail, and Woodchuck Cider! The magic of Vermont can be found all over the place if you look for it!
Tell us what you love about Vermont on Facebook, Twitter, or leave us a comment.